Monday, September 7, 2015

Our last {long} weekend....

Sigh. It's here. The last night of summer. In some ways, it feels like summer flew by, and in other ways, it lasted forever.
 
I have to be honest, I'm excited for my boys to start back in school and I have SO much respect for you homeschooling mamas. I just can't imagine not sending them into someone else's care for my own sanity! I'm looking forward to routines, and schedules.
 
And earlier bedtimes.
 
I'm not looking forward to an earlier alarm and the inability to lounge on the couch in my pajamas, while drinking coffee. I will miss that.
 
To celebrate the last weekend of the summer, my sister and I took the younger kids to the zoo on Friday. The weather was very cool and the animals were out. It was great!
 
























 
Meanwhile, my hubby and his football team travelled across the state to play one of the best football teams. They were gone from noon until 3:30AM. Yes, you read that right. It was a tough loss, but hopefully, they learned a lot and can put the loss behind them to start the regular season of play.

 
Friday night, for me, included snuggling this sweet baby girl and visiting with her mama until the wee hours of the night.


Saturday, I knew I needed some time out of the house and Molly really wanted time with me, so we set out for a "girls day" (a phrase coined by her). Lunch. Manis/pedis. Target. Couldn't get any better.
 
Sometimes I really forget that she's just three because we can chat all day. She's the best.
 








 
Our Saturday night was full of fun. Mostly because daddy was home (until he left for his football meeting)! Kick-the-can is one of our all-time favorites!



 
I love Sundays because we start the morning with coffee and cuddles on the couch....and then church. Somehow, when I walk out of church, I feel refreshed and ready to take on the day.

 
Her artistic ability impresses me! I'm positive that my boys weren't coloring this well at age 3.

 
Sunday night was THE BEST. A group of our closest friends got together for an end-of-summer celebration. Mexican style. Complete with yummy food and drinks, a piñata, salsa dancing and games. We laughed so hard that we cried. And I think it was exactly what we needed to kick off the school year.


 
Some piñata action.




And then we come home and it's back to this. #footballlife #footballwife
 
But, through it all, we are grateful.
 
 
Goodbye summer! It's been one for the books!

: Sweet Little Ones
 
Live Randomly Simple
 

4 comments:

  1. What a fun summer you guys had :) Love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun weekend! I seriously am in love with the idea of an adult pinata! Best of luck as your return to "normal" life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She totally is an excellent colorist! Back to school.. sigh, well I remember those days.
    Here from Totally Terrific Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you had a great holiday weekend. I hope the first week back at school is going well! XOXO

    ReplyDelete