Sunday, August 9, 2015

Weekending

 
Hi, it's me. Not sure if you remember this long lost blogger. ;-) Life has been, um, busy, to say the least. In fact, I just completed a 6-day (AMAZING!!!) teacher training from Friday-Friday, so that consumed the majority of my time. Instead of just re-capping the weekend, I thought I'd do a quick "life lately" post.
 
So here it is. Our life. Lately.
 
We had a date night to a wedding reception. Sometimes it's fun to have an excuse to dress up and get out, without the kids!
 
 
 
That two-year-old personality is really starting to come through. Read: challenging! ;-)


 
We've had a lot of park visits, lately. Our weather has cooled down into the low 80's, which has been so much more comfortable. It's fun to be outside and enjoying the summer!
 






 
My boys have been outside, almost every single night, playing baseball. I'm talking hours and hours, until it's past dark. It's really the cutest thing. I try to treasure this time, because I know it doesn't last forever.
 





 
We've also had lots of playdates with friends. These kids all happen to be our neighbors and the oldest one, looked at me and said, "Miss Kelly! If we sit in order we will be age 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 (in two weeks)! Take a picture!" Ha. You don't have to tell me twice. #doyouknowwhoyouaretalkingto #pictureismymiddlename If only Brett had been there, he would have extended it to age 7!

 
We also hosted "National Neighborhood Night Out" for our neighborhood. We live in a small gated neighborhood within a very large neighborhood. Instead of participating in the large hoopla that is put on, we decided last year, that we wanted to do a smaller get together with just our neighbors. It's still pretty big, but nice to get to know the people right around us, rather than lost in a massive crowd. We really do love where we live. Great families and really fun kids!




It's hard to tell in this picture, but on the far left, you can see that we hung a sheet on our back garage and showed an outdoor movie. The kids love this part and it's nice for the parents to get a break and get to visit with some peace and quiet. ;-)

Our big boy started tackle football this week. #holdme
Thankfully, he's got a pretty good coach. ;-)
 

 
As I mentioned before, I spent 6 days at a teacher training, so Adam pulled off single parenting duties that entire time. Brett was actually at a culinary arts camp, so he only had to manage three. But, he went above and beyond. They had a great week of parks, coffee dates, library story time, crafts, and more. I married a good man!
 







And finally, this weekend Jake had a basketball tournament. The boys did awesome and won 2 of their 3 games on Saturday, but lost in a tough match on Sunday.





 
Some more backyard baseball....in her undies. Because, why not?
 

 
Brett was the BEST fan at the basketball tournament! He was locked on to each game, and at one point, got up to stand by the score table because he noticed that the score keeper made a mistake (which he pointed out), and then felt like he needed to keep an eye on things for the remainder.
 
It was so sweet, especially today, when he cried after their loss. He was so wrapped up in the emotion and it broke my heart to see him so sad.
 
How do you like the sunglasses? ;-)

 
 
We ended the day with a BBQ at my parents' house. Some post-swimming "ABC Mouse" learning games. While nakkey. Because, again, why not?!






 
Hope your weekend was GREAT!! Stay tuned for some fun posts coming up soon. Including a BLOG-VERSARY!! Can you believe it's almost been a year?! Thank you for reading and supporting me this past year! It's been a fun ride, for sure!

 


3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness you look precious in that dress! I think busy has been the word for everyone. I have to say as much as I love reading blogs it has been refreshing to see so many putting it aside to soak up family time. Glad things have cooled off for you guys....I am patiently waiting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love date night!! Always nice to glam it up and look gorgeous for the evening. Our daughter is past a year and a half, and boy is her personality coming in too.

    How nice of you to host a neighborhood party! I can't wait to live in a neighborhood like that, with kids all around. Right now we don't have too many kids Sophie's age.

    Happy almost Blogaversary!
    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you've been busy and having a lot of fun!
    I love all the pictures and totally get the 2 year old personality! Liam will be 2 next week and we're starting to see glimpses of it!

    ReplyDelete