Monday, August 10, 2015

Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award


One of my very favorite bloggers, Shelly @ Queen Inbetween nominated me for participation in the Sisterhood of World Bloggers Award. These are a fun way to get to know each other. Hey, you might learn something new! ;-)


How did you decide on your blog name?

This was one of the most stressful things about starting a blog! I have some pretty amazing friends who helped me research and brainstorm for over a month, until I came up with something that just fit. I wanted to use the name, "Familiar" because I wanted women and moms relate to what was going on in my life. And the word, "Joy" because that's the optimism I want to maintain for life. Through good times or bad.
 
What tip would you offer new bloggers?

Don't blog for anyone else. Blog for you! Your writing will be transparent and your voice needs to be your own. Don't worry about what others think, just keep it real and do your thing. ;-)
 
What was your dream job growing up?

Being a mom and being a teacher. It's funny to look back and realize that I'm right where I had hoped to be. Thank you, Jesus.
 
What would you love to get paid to do now?

Wouldn't it be cool if moms got paid to stay home with their kids? Such a concept! Maybe I should move to Norway. Or how about laundry and dishes? I might be a millionaire! I'd also love to be paid to sing or do theatre. At one point in my life, I was....and sometimes I really miss that part of my past.
 
What is your favorite season?

Fall!! No question. I looooove the weather, the clothes (who doesn't love to layer?!), football season, the smells of pumpkin and cider, and just about everything else. I can hardly wait!
 
What is your favorite summer outfit?

My summer uniform has been a sports bra, racer back tank, and workout shorts. However, if going somewhere where I need to be a little dressier, I love a good summer dress or a flowy tank and jean shorts. And I pretty much live in my Reef flip flops.
 
What is your favorite summer cocktail or mocktail?

Costco's Golden Margarita is pretty darn good! I also love a mojito! I think I've only had one this summer and that's a darn shame.
 
 Favorite summer memory?

We've had a really low-key summer, compared to others, but our trip to Silverwood was probably my favorite!
 
Who would play you in a movie about your life?

Hmmm....either Alicia Silverstone, Drew Barrymore or Heidi Klum. Those are the three people I get told I look like, the most. Funny story, I was shopping in downtown Seattle when I was in high school, and was stopped for an autograph because people actually thought I was Alicia Silverstone...and that's right when the movie Clueless came out. How crazy is that!?
 
What is your favorite tip for balancing all the "in betweens" in your life?

Stay organized, keep a calendar, realize that everything doesn't have to be perfect, surround yourself with love and support, and treat yourself to something special at the end of a long week.

Della @ Della Devoted
Christina @ North Carolina Charm
Claire @ Fashion & Feathers
Vanessa @ X-tremely V
Deena @ Shoes to Shiraz
Amy @ Little Bits of Our Life
Rachel @ Floral and Fudge
Katie @ Cup of Tea
Tif @ Bright on a Budget
Holly @ I Will Serve While I Wait
 

Here are the questions if you would like to play along ladies!  
 
1.  How did you decide on your blog name?
2.  What tip would you offer new bloggers?
3.  What was your dream job growing up?
4.  What would you love to get paid to do now?
5.  What is your favorite season?
6.  What is your favorite summer outfit?
7.  What is your favorite summer cocktail or mocktail?
8.  Favorite summer memory?
9.  Who would play you in a movie about your life?
10. What is your favorite tip for balancing all the "in betweens" in your life?

Linkups: Sweet Little Ones


5 comments:

  1. I love how your dream job as a teacher and mom came true! :) And that is so awesome that people thought you were Alicia Silverstone. So did you sign the autograph? haha :) Thanks for linking up with us for Tuesday Talk! -Jess, Sweet Little Ones

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need to go make yourself a mojito right now! {Or actually any drink ;)} And if you need a little more encouragement, you can do it in honor of me and Baby Girl! Thanks for the nomination; I'm going heading over to write my post right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for participating! Really great advice for handling the "in betweens" and I agree..blog for no one but yourself. You do a great job being transparent on your blog and that's why I love following you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Thanks for the nom...I'm posting my answers to your questions on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love learning more about you! My dream was to become a mom too :) I love fall as well, the best weather.

    liz jo @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete