Thursday, August 13, 2015

An honest look at life, lately.




You guys. It's been a tough, busy month. I'm trying SO hard to enjoy summer and all that comes with it. But it's LONG. My kids are getting restless and arguing with each other a lot more than usual, our house is a constant state of disaster, or if it's clean, it's because I've literally spent hours getting it to that point, only to have it messed up again, it's HOT, and I'm tired.
 
I was trying to remember the last time, Adam and I went out, just the two of us, and I can't. I'm pretty sure it hasn't happened this summer. Yes, we could hire a babysitter, but sometimes the thought of having to get the house cleaned up and make a plans for the kids (and then paying someone a ridiculous amount of money while they sit on our couch after the kids go to bed), makes it hard to want to go. But, it's on our list for next week and I *will* follow through!
 
I'm trying to be intentional about my time with the kids, and really focusing on them, but it's hard. Especially if I'm feeling stressed and crabby. And how many more make believe games can one come up with. Seriously, guys, I'm not good at that stuff!
 
So there you go, a real, honest look at life, lately.
 
Despite all of this, I wouldn't trade my life for the world. My kids are healthy, we have a wonderful home, a loving family and jobs that make us feel fulfilled.
 
The reason I post this, isn't to complain, but to just let you know that you aren't alone when you are feeling this way. Raising kids is hard work. We go through rough patches, and we go through great times, too. I know we will get through this, but sometimes it's nice to be able to just vent a bit.
 
The next three weeks, I'm going to try and keep a positive spirit and soak up the end of summer break....because as excited as I am for some routine and normalcy in our lives, I know I will miss these days, too.
 
So for all you mamas (and dads!), who are feeling the effects of a long, hot summer--punch it out. You're not alone.







1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this! I feel like we are in the same boat and we only have one little one to deal with. All this moving, dealing with the in-laws who are too old to do anything, etc. has taken its toll on me and Mic. I am looking forward to a wedding in September that is out of town so Mic and I can get away for a couple days just the two of us. Also looking forward to Xavier starting at a new school (at a church) next week. Hoping it helps with some of his listening and behavor issues :)
    Hope you enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete