Monday, August 31, 2015

A very special day!

This post today is dedicated to a very special person in my life. In fact, he's my favorite human on earth.
 
My husband.
 
And he just so happens to be celebrating his 38th birthday today!!!!
 
Happy Birthday, Adam!
 
 
I already bragged about it on Facebook, but I'll brag about him here, too. Yesterday, I had an all-day teacher training and he was home with our four kids. I was picturing a disaster of a house, TV on, kids in jammies, and lots of chaos (I set my expectations low so I'm not disappointed. Ha!) But instead, when I walked in the door, I could smell my fall candles burning....and the house was spotless! It was almost unreal. He cleaned every room, including the laundry room and our kids' TV room (that was a disaster). He did all the laundry and the dishes, mowed the lawn, raked all of our flower beds, and somehow got the kids dressed, fed, and played with. Everyone was happy. It was truly a miracle. And not the norm. Don't get me wrong, he's great, but let's be honest, days like that don't happen even when I'm home!
 
So he gets a gold star and is a strong contender for "September Husband of the Month". Well, if there was such an award.
 
But, today, we celebrate him and what he means to our family. He's our rock, the one that keeps me sane and talks me down from my ledge. He's the strength and the stability in our family. He is truly one of the most well liked and well respected people I know. I'm not sure he's ever had an enemy. He knows the right things to say, at the right time and works incredibly hard for his family, his school and his team. He is the absolute best dad around...he's playful and fun, and I can see the love he has for each of our kids, just radiating.
 
I love you, Adam! Even if you are creeping up on the big 4-0. Let's grow old together!

Sweet Little Ones
 
Live Randomly Simple


5 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to your husband! Such a great day :)

    liz jo @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! I know I will never come home to a clean everything! lol! Happy Birthday Adam!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday Adam! Wow that is a LOT of stuff he got done and with 4 kids in tow? I can barely do all that and I don't have any kids yet! So impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes he should get an extra piece of cake tonight. You've trained him well. Thanks for sharing his birthday with us on Tuesday Talk today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! How fab!! How much will you charge to clone him??? And how gorgeous are y'all together? Happy Birthday, Adam!!
    Here from Totally Terrific Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete