Sunday, July 26, 2015

Weekending

 
I feel like an appropriate title for this post, would be "the past two weekends". I got busy and missed last weekends post, so I'm combining them and doing a little bit of "life lately."
 
Last weekend, my parents generously offered to keep the kids overnight and we did a parents' night out with some of our best friends. We met at a fun little restaurant right on the waterfront for drinks and appetizers, and then headed to a local minor league baseball game for the evening. We scored tickets to the Summit Club and had a really great time! I can't remember the last time we went away for the night, so we tried to soak up every minute.
 
 






 
 
We also ended a week of VBS. I love our church and they put on an absolutely AMAZING VBS program. I love hearing the hearts of all of these children who are learning about Jesus. Faith like a child.


 
Saturday isn't complete without a trip to Menchie's. We celebrated my sweet friend (and across-the-street neighbor's) birthday. Her hubby was on a work trip on her birthday and no one should ever celebrate alone! We did fro yo and the park! Our kids get along so great and we had a really nice time just letting them play.

 

How cute are these two?!
 
 
 
Meanwhile, our biggest boy was on a camping trip with some of our other awesome neighbors. They've got four kids and were brave enough to add another with Jake.


 
Are they not the cutest ever?! 5 boys and 1 very protected girl!

 
This picture signifies most of our weekend....we've binge watched the entire first season of Blacklist. I'm not kidding, we were hooked! So much so that we would stay up until 1am watching. Thank goodness our kids have been sleeping in every day, or we would be zombies.

 
Molly drew a sweet little picture for me. I asked why our family only had 5 people and she reminded me that there was someone on the back. Of course. Ha!


 
 
This past week, we headed up near Mt. Rainier for a hike with friends. Everything we read and heard was that it was kid friendly. I didn't realize how steep it was! 2.4 miles round trip and it was like climbing the entire way. The kids did AWESOME! I carried Brylie on my hip that majority of the time. Not because she couldn't walk, but I didn't want her to!





After the hike, we found a local place (it was actually a massive dam) for the kids to hang out. We had a great time exploring the area for the first time.
 


 
We also swam with some of our favorite little friends. Two of them aren't pictured, but we had a fun morning!

 
Which brings us to this weekend. Adam's mom got tickets to the Rainier's game (the same team we had seen playing last weekend), and took Adam, Jake and Adam's grandpa to the game. Free food, drinks and a great night for baseball!




 
Saturday was so awesome! I spent the day at the Seattle Super Saturday Beachbody event. I attended with my friend and coach, Ashley. It's so inspiring to listen to stories, hear tips about the business, and be motivated to work harder. I love working for this company and I love helping people reach their health and fitness goals!


Sunday, after church, we came home and it rained. And rained. And rained. We haven't seen rain since May and it was SOOOOO needed. I immediately put my sweats on, poured coffee and soaked it all in.
 


And I'll leave you with one last picture. One of my upline Beachbody coaches mailed me a package with a selfie stick (and a few other SWEET gifts). Jake and I had fun testing it out. Hehe.
 
 
 
 

8 comments:

  1. Woah! Sounds like the most perfect past 2 weeks. Your kids look like they've been having an absolute blast this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your night out with just your friends looks like so much fun and you looked gorgeous! Binge watching is one of my favorite low key weekend to dos. The hike/pool time looks like some ideal summer days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That must have been so much fun just having a night out to yourselves! Kyle and I haven't had one of those in a while. I couldn't even imagine walking up a hill but to do it with a kid in tow! You're doing great! It looks like a great two weeks, and glad it rained, hopefully it cooled a bit after the rain.

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you've been having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for parents' night out! But you look like you always have a lot of fun with your kids. Thanks for linking up today!

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a fun night out with friends!!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pictures! It looks like you've been having a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so grateful for MOPS too - this year's packet was great! The "flourish" bracelet was pretty cute!

    ReplyDelete