Sunday, July 12, 2015

Weekending

Oh, the weekend. This was a GREAT one! I mean, when your weekend starts with the anniversary sale, how could it not be good?! Two of my besties and I headed there on Friday, to do some damage on the presale. And it was good. Really, really good. I have an entire blog post planned for this week, so stay tuned for my finds.

 
 
 
Friday night, we had dinner with friends. Our kids all play so well together, that it's fun and easy to hang out. I only got a couple pictures, but they colored, play dress up and spent hours outside playing baseball and basketball. It's fun when all the kids are old enough to play without supervision. Adults can sit with a drink and visit. #amen
 
 
 
The big girls put on a dance routine as the halftime entertainment to the boys' baseball game. Old dance costumes come in handy. ;-)

 
Our weekend included lots of baths and showers, because we summer hard.

 
Saturday night, our kids played basketball for a good hour. Unbelievable!



It gave me time to prep these delicious fish tacos! I have been lacking in the recipe department lately, but have no fear! I've got a few ready to share!
 
 
 
 
This was also the weekend of "Hopper". The pet frog that my kids caught (and then released after 24 hours). They built him a habitat, caught him spiders and other insects and it was the cutest.
 
 
 
Dessert, Saturday, was courtesy of 7-eleven. #freeslurpeeday. I don't think we've ever missed one!

 
 
And I can't think of a better Saturday night. I'm not kidding. #youknowyouroldwhen


I checked on my boys' before bed and found this....
 
they have their own rooms now, so I thought it was cute that they still decided to share. =)
 
 
Sunday morning, my dad surprised us with donuts before church. Yes, please!




 
After church, we did a little shoe shopping at the Nike store. Jake's basketball shoes suddenly outgrew him (his feet are almost as big as mine!!!) and all 3 boys needed every day shoes. Check out these new carts you can rent from the mall. Worth every $8, in my opinion. The girls were saints!

 
Our iced coffee afternoons have become routine around here. The hubs did some pressure washing on the driveway, I organized our pantry and the kids played. #ilovesummer

 
Our weekend ended with dinner at my sister's house. Sunshine, good food and a friendly game of backyard kickball. That's what it's all about.




Oh, and getting slivers out. My sister is the pro at this!
 



Hope you had a great weekend, too!
 



13 comments:

  1. It looks like you guys had a great weekend! I always enjoy reading your blog. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your whole family is so cute! Love your church outfit. Yay for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Iced coffee afternoons are a necessity around here. I have a one year old boy and he takes it out of me. I can only imagine once they can play without constant supervision it's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your sister is adorable too!! Glad y'all are still surviving the heat and finding some fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a good weekend! Can't wait to see your sale picks!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had a great weekend. My little man is 5 and at the age where he and his buddies can play while the mommies enjoy some coffee or wine. :) It's great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to see what you got at the sale :) Chelsea @ thewilliamsjourney1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to see what you got at the sale :) Chelsea @ thewilliamsjourney1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks like you had the perfect summer weekend! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love your two daughters in their outfits. And how great that you got to see some old friends. And I think it’s so precious how your sons are so close :)

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sweet, sweet family you have!! So fun that you and your besties shopped the sale! All mine has been online...there's no Nordstrom close enough to me! Can't wait to see your picks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Any weekend that begins with a girls shopping trip to a SALE sounds like a great one in my book! Those donuts - what a fantastic surprise!

    ReplyDelete