Thursday, July 30, 2015

FIVE on Friday


We're BACK!! We just returned from a fun filled vacation, and I can't wait to share pictures with you next week. It's funny how vacation with kids, while exciting, almost requires a parent vacation at the end.
 
For now, I'm celebrating the start of the weekend, not a lot on our schedule and LOTS OF SUNSHINE!! Locals, did you hear we broke a record for heat in Seattle? 10+ days with temps over 90 degrees. No laughing, you Southerners!! We don't have a/c around here! #immelting
 
Back to my favorites!

[ONE]

This cookbook!! If you are a 21-day fixer, or even if you're not, this cookbook is amazing! I don't like recipes that take forever to make and require 12469369 billion ingredients. I like simple and quick. All of the recipes are like that! I've already got my menus planned out for the first 2 weeks in August, thanks to this cookbook. And if you are a Shakeology lover, there are some fun and easy recipes in the back! Try tropical strawberry with frozen blueberries and fresh basil. You can thank me later. And if you need help ordering, let me know!

http://www.teambeachbody.com/kschakel


[TWO]
One of my favorite moments was from vacation, at the waterpark, when Brylie fell asleep on my hubby...on the lazy river! I'm not kidding, I melted into a huge puddle. It was the sweetest. I think we did at least 6 laps around the river to let her sleep and I lost track of the ooohs and ahhhs as they passed by. Pure heaven.




[THREE]
MOPS. If you are a mother to a child age infant-kindergarten, you've got to find a local MOPS group to get involved with! This year, I'm blessed to be the leader of our church's MOPS group and I'm having such a great time planning. We have a retreat in a couple weeks, which is the first order of business, and then planning out the year. The theme this year is, "Fierce Flourishing" and how cute are the colors?! I'm SO pumped for this year!! Connecting with moms, crafting, chatting, and fellowshipping is probably my favorite day of the week.



[FOUR]
Some of you have emailed me to ask what I decided about jeans at the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. I forgot to update! I ended up picking these. I love them and don't feel like I have anything like them in my closet. And for $41 you can't lose!! Hurry. Sale ends on Sunday!

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/sun-shadow-moto-denim-leggings-rugged-blue/3928290?origin=category-personalizedsort&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=&resultback=2011
 
 
[FIVE]
This quote from Pinterest is one of my favorites. With the technology age, it's easy to feel inadequate. Comparing yourself to others is the easiest way to feel lacking and insecure. If you have kids, understand that YOU were designed to be their parent, YOU are the one who is the best and can meet their needs the most. It's a great reminder for those days when we feel we aren't doing our job well.
 
Don't do it
 
 

3 comments:

  1. I love the stuff for your MOPS group! Those jeans are adorable - almost as adorable as the lazy river picture!! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Visiting from the link up. Your MOPS group stuff is awesome. Such cute patterns. I really like those jeans! Have a great weekend!

    Ashley @ www.peacefulsimplelife.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete