Wednesday, July 22, 2015

A beach getaway

 
My family just got back from a quick 2-day getaway to the ocean. It's only a couple hours from our house, and the perfect place to find some wide open space, relax, let the kids run free and just soak it all in.
 
 
We started the day at the family fun center. Not sure the actual name, but it was fun and we went as a family, so there you go! ;-)

 
Our boys had to ride in different races because of their height...Jake is 59" and Brett is 52" (just needed to document that because I know I'll forget!).




Adam took Molly in the double. They had SO MUCH FUN!! Poor Brylie was screaming, "I wanna go with DADDY!!" over and over. It was fun to stand with her on the sides. Not.






 
 
After that, we got some ice cream. I remember getting ice cream here when I was a kid, so it was fun to bring my own back to enjoy. I didn't order any myself, but I did earn the label of "master cone licker"....just trying to help the kids out and save them from ice cream all over their shirts!





 
After that, we spent the afternoon at the beach. Our hotel was "beachfront", but that means walking through a half mile of trails and tall grass before you get to the beach.


 
And from then on...GAME ON! The beach is always a lot cooler than the inland areas, but this was about 20 degrees cooler than we've been used to! Don't get me wrong, it was a nice change, but combined with the cool water and I was chilly!













 
But, when you are little, temps ain't no thang! These two crazies hopped right in, fully clothed, and started jumping the waves. I wish I had video of the giggles and laughs and absolute fun.
 

She came running up to me, screaming, and I was sure she was upset about being cold and wet. As she got closer, I realized the screaming was because she was having so much fun! She stripped off her pants and ran straight back out.
 




 
Dinner was at a local spot and the seafood was A-MAZ-ING!! I had a fish taco that I could eat every day. That good.





 
After dinner, we walked around town a bit.

 
 
This might have been the highlight of the trip. Who doesn't love some salt water taffy?!


And then back to the beach for a beautiful evening.
 
 
We also swam for at least an hour, then attempted to fit all 6 of us in one hotel room with two overtired, oversugared little girls. Thankfully, Adam was brilliant and tossed them in the car (well, buckled them in their carseats) and drove around town for a few minutes. They were out and we were able to transfer them right into their beds.
 
Morning came bright and early, so we got breakfast at the hotel, headed to a local coffee shop and then took a drive on the beach.


 
We found a great spot to stake our claim and spent hours just playing.
 


































And that's a wrap!



 
I love this family of mine and the memories that we have been able to make. Traveling with four kids isn't easy, but it's worth it.
 
 

 
 




3 comments:

  1. Love it! What a fun family getaway :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks so fun....I'm dying for a beach getaway! And you've got quite a wind up there girlfriend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! It looks like you had a great time. I really wish we lived closer to the beach!

    ReplyDelete