Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Tea for TWO

I've been looking forward to sharing this post with you! Our sweet Brylie turned TWO last weekend, and I decided on a tea party theme. She's just the sweetest, and super girlie, so I felt like it fit her to a "tea". ;-) Over the past couple months, I've been pinning like crazy, trying to get ideas. I knew I wanted to incorporate pink, vintage, flowers, and make it suitable for toddlers--all of the party guests were ages 2-4.
 
First, I found her invitation. And I was in love!!!
 
 
 
What I didn't anticipate is a huge photography mistake on my part. My canon rebel has been acting up (the lens is getting stuck and I have to manually twist it, in order to take a picture). I asked my sister to bring her brand new one to my house, so I could use it for the party. I set it up for her and thought I had the settings right. Looking back on it, I should have just put it in auto. Instead, I put it in manual, but accidentally turned the ISO waaaay up. I have no idea why. As a result, every picture I took in the sun (which was about 75% of the pics) was completely blown out. I was devastated! I love pictures and was sick about not having any turn out from the party. These detail pics that I'm showing, were taken the next morning. I re-set all of the décor and did a little photo shoot. You'll notice there is no food and only 4 cupcakes and a 1/2 eaten cake. But, it's better than not having anything.









I made most of the décor items, and some I borrowed from her bedroom (the "B" and the "Love you more" sign). The floral 2 was just a foam board cut out, with fake flowers poked through. My sister helped with that project, and it was really easy! So easy that I think I'll do the girls monograms for their new bedroom, this way.
 
My sister made the amazing mini cupcakes and I special ordered Brylie's cake and cake pops. I like having several options for dessert, and it's fun to send one home as a party favor.
 
We asked all of the party guests to dress in their fancy tea party clothes and it was super cute to see them like that! Food served: turkey roll-ups, grapes, triscuits, sliced cheese, carrots with dip, cupcakes, cake pops and an individual cake for the birthday girl. I used lemonade as the tea, which was perfect for that age group.
 
We set the tea party up in front of our detached garage (in our backyard) and the food was on our patio. This worked well to spread the space out. I found the tablecloths at Ross and I ordered the most gorgeous paper plates from Amazon. I was SO sad not to have a picture of them turn out because they looked gorgeous! Of course, they all got thrown away after the party, so no re-doing those pictures.
 
I also ordered plastic tea cups on Amazon--again, missing from the pictures. We sent them home with the kids as a party favor (along with a potted flower and a cake pop). They are really cute and my girls still love using theirs!
 


 


 




I found these cute, wooden masks at JoAnn's, and the kids seemed to really enjoy coloring them. Each party guest took one home.
 

I also brought Molly's costume wardrobe down, so the kids could play dress up. This ended up being a big hit! If the pictures had turned out better, you would have seen lots of princess costumes being worn.
 
Those potted plants, in the picture, are what we sent home with each party guest. I found the pots at JoAnn's, and bought them in a variety of colors so the kids could choose.


 














I'm just so sad about all of these pictures. This was the best I had, and it's still not good! =(
 
 

 
One of the activities at the party, was reading "Tea for Two"....one of the sweetest Fancy Nancy books. The kids thought this was a hit! I couldn't believe how well they sat and listened.
 




























 
What a great time was had by all! Despite our picture mishaps, I think we had a fantastic tea party to celebrate our baby girl!
 
 

10 comments:

  1. Oh so cute! <3 I love it! Happy birthday Brylie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun little party! Love your sweet family picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How precious is her birthday invite?? She's just too cute. Happy birthday to Brylie! Looks like such a fun party.

    By the way, what's your email address? I wanted to email you about the healthy eating post you did a few weeks back, but can't find it in my email.

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Liz! My email is: familiarjoy@yahoo.com

      Delete
  4. You did an AH-mazing job on your little girl's birthday party! I still can't get over that "2"! That's my favorite decoration! Just beautiful and I hope you do decide to do their monogram for their room!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Kelly,

    It looks like you pulled off a wonderful party for your 2 year old. She is adorable! Love the decorations, and love all of your pictures~

    Came over on #thinkingoutloud, and I'm glad to find your site!

    Hope you and your family have a great 4th~
    Blessings,
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great theme for a little girl! Everything looks amazing! And she is so adorable and happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That floral 2 is a genius and beautiful decoration. Sorry the pictures didnt turn out, I totally understand the devastation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet, sweet party! I LOVE the picture of her blowing out her candles! Love it! Thank you for sharing at Waiting on...Wednesday! I hope you'll join us again tomorrow!

    Holly @ www.iwillservewhileiwait.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such an adorable Party! I love the idea and the #2 decorated with flowers is adorable!

    ReplyDelete