Thursday, June 18, 2015

love // hate // tag

 
This week, I was tagged by one of my favorite bloggers, Claire @ Fashion and Feathers, for a fun little love // hate // tag game. Here’s the rules:  the person “tagged” must share 10 things they love, 10 things they hate, and then nominate up to 10 other bloggers to do the same! It’s a great way to get to know others!
 
Although I'm sure there are millions of loves and (hopefully a few less hates), I found it hard to narrow day and only pick 10!! But, here's my best shot.

LOVES:

1. sunshine. Maybe it's because I've grown up in the Seattle area my entire life, but I don't take the sun for granted. When I wake up to sun beaming in my window, I already know it will be a great day. When choosing a vacation destination, it's always in the sun! The vitamin D found in clear sunny skies is a recipe for happiness, in my book!

2. clean sheets. Am I right, or am I right? My hubby thinks I'm crazy because I absolutely LOVE climbing in bed to clean sheets and would be happy to wash them every other day. Because ours are white, I throw a little bleach in each load. Clean, fresh, bleach scented sheets make for the best night's sleep.

3. lists. I love making lists! There is something super rewarding about crossing things off of a list. I try to make a list every day and feel a sense of peace as I go through each one, successfully. Okay, that sounds weird. I am weird, I think! Along the same lines, I'm obsessed with my planner and enjoy writing every detail in there. Definitely keeps me organized!

4. pedicures. This is a luxury that I treat myself to once every 6 weeks or so. Part of it is having my toes beautified, but the other part is the entire experience...soaking my feet, having silence for an hour, the foot massage, the steaming towels and, of course, the polish. If I were a wealthy celebrity, I'd have this done daily! Seriously, love a good pedicure!

5. reading. This is one of my very favorite things to do. Combined with #1, and I have the perfect day! I'm actually working on a summer book reading list, so if you have any suggestions, please let me know in the comments section. Our book club is meeting on Monday and then I'll be ready for something new!

6. birthdays. Anyone who knows me, knows that I love birthdays. I do love my own birthday, but I love celebrating others, even more. I've always made birthdays a huge deal for my kids. We wake up super early to eat donuts and open gifts. I try to decorate our kitchen with streamers and banners, and I always have the gifts wrapped a laid out on the table. I still throw my kids large birthday parties. I mean, they are only young once, right? Speaking of parties...my baby is TWO on Saturday and I've been working on the cutest "Tea for 2" party! Wish me luck!

7. babies. Is this weird? I got to spend the afternoon with my friend's new baby girl. I could seriously have a baby for the rest of my life. No, not be pregnant, but just have a baby who never ages. I love everything about them. Even the middle of the night feedings. I love their noises, their smells, their new smiles, their ultra soft skin and even the cries. Gimme all the babies!!

8. singing. There are very few things I love more than singing. It is my stress release and how I worship, as well. It has always been such an important part of my life, and I'm really hoping my kids love it, too. These days, most of my singing happens in the car or at church. And, I guess the rocking chair in Brylie's room, counts, too.

9. home decorating. If I had all the money in the world, I could design one super awesome house. But, because that's not a reality, I have to be patient in my home décor choices. I love everything about it and would love to do it for a living, if I could. I love when a room in my house is complete and I finally feel like it's reflective of my style. When I leave in the morning, I like to make sure everything is "staged"--meanings, pillows fluffed, blankets properly draped, and everything in it's place. Obviously, it doesn't stay like that for long, but my Type A personality loves this!

10. social media. I know that there are downfalls to social media, but I really love to be connected to people that I wouldn't normally see. I love the ability to feel like you are a part of someone's life without living right by them, or seeing them on a regular basis. I love the pictures, the funny stories and following along with people that I miss. And furthermore, I love meeting people across the country (or even locally) that I wouldn't have, otherwise.

HATES:

1. chewing out loud. When someone is doing this, I feel like it's all I can focus on and I start losing interest in my own meal. I don't like to know the texture of the food someone is eating, just by hearing them choose. Ew. Gross.

2. a messy house. Trust me, I've had to get over this one a bit, because the reality of having four kids is that my house is messy. A lot. But, it's not by my choice. I like everything in it's place, a vacuumed floor, fresh smells in the air and made beds. When this happens, I'm at peace. When I walk in and it looks like a tornado has gone through, mommy is not always a happy camper.

3. erasing a chalk board. Can I get an AMEN for white boards. Seriously, if we still had to use chalkboards in classroom, I might have had to resign years ago. I cannot handle the sound of an eraser going over a real chalkboard. The thought alone sends chills up and down my spine. I have chalkboards at home and use chalk markers and wet washcloths. Even that is hard for me.

4. long toe nails. Seriously people, cut your toe nails!!!! There is nothing pretty about long toe nails. I repeat, nothing pretty! They collect dirt, bacteria, and gunk. Toes should not look like fingernails!

5. creepy crawlies. I don't like any type of insect, but the ones that send me over the edge are the daddy-long-legs. I know they are harmless and they eat mosquitos, but when God was dealing out body types, they got the short end of the stick. They are just nasty looking creatures with long legs that totally sick me out! I have a total freak out moment when ones gets in our house.

6. raisins. I've never been a picky eater, and will try almost anything....but raisins? I can't deal. Not even a bit.

7. excuses. Maybe it's that time of year, but the excuses from my students are outrageous. Or, just excuses in general. Take ownership of the situation and either apologize or make it right. Boom. I love this quote,

"If it is important to you, you will find a way.  If not, you'll find an excuse" $quote

8. long lines. It's safe to say that patience is not my best strength. I don't like lines anywhere! In fact, I'm quite certain that Disneyland designed the Fast Pass for people like me. I don't know that I could do a vacation their with four kids, if it weren't for the Fast Pass. I don't like long lines at the grocery store (and I'm always scanning the store looking for another employee who will open a new lane). I don't like lines at the gas station, and I really don't like long lines at a department store. I mean, c'mon people! I've got a whole crew in tow and they are about to have a total freak out moment right here and now.

9. being late. Back to that Type A personality, I don't like being late to anything and it gives me massive anxiety. This has gotten harder to deal with, as I'm often relying on five other people to get out the door with me, but I'll find myself yelling, "everyone grab your shoes and just get out to the car." We'll deal with putting them on, later.

10. being tired. I love being productive or active and when I'm tired it's that much harder. I rely on coffee, my Shakeology drinks and exercise to give me energy when I don't feel like pushing through. It's amazing how moms learn to adapt with such little sleep after having a newborn. Now, when I get 6-7 hours, I feel like I've won the lottery!

Okay, there was mine, now it's your turn! I'm tagging you to share your loves & hates!

Vanessa @ XtremelyV
Andrea @ Momfessionals
Elizabeth @ All Kinds of Things
Astleigh @ Hill Collection





9 comments:

  1. Oh, I love lists, pedicures (I do every 6 wks also), and reading too! And loud chewing - LOATHE ENTIRELY!!! Also long toe nails - ewwww!
    This is a really fun thing to do, and I know a lot of people on your list! I've never "met" you before, but I found you on Shine Blog Hop today. Nice to know you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun post. I cannot stand loud chewing and being late. Lists, clean sheets are pure bliss! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I totally agree with this list 100% - so much of these are my loves & hates.
    If you're looking for a new author, check out Lyssa Layne. She's a real life friend and has several books out.

    Stopping by from the link up :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Thanks for the tag- will do this one for sure. I agree with you on lots of those loves

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have a lot in common. Fun list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the tag! I love this type of post! While I don't wash my sheets nearly as often as I should, I totally get that feeling of slipping into bed when everything is fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the tag! I love making lists (like you!) so I'll get right on it! :) Have a super day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well aren't I lucky that I FINALLY found some time to catch up on my blog reading and see that I've been tagged for a fun post! We have a lot of similarities in the things we love & hate!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great Lists Kelly!!! I completely agree with you on so many of these!! And YES to the creepy crawlies....ick!!

    ReplyDelete