Thursday, June 11, 2015

FIVE on Friday!


 
We only have ONE more Friday left, friends! And it's a 1/2 day, at that. We've got it. Piece of cake.
 
We've had one of the most glorious Junes that I can remember. Somehow, sharing my favorites seems easy, today. Is it possible to be in a bad mood when it's 80 degrees and sunny for 10 days straight?! And a Friday (right before summer). Nope. Not possible.

[ONE]

First of all, one of my favorite Pinterest quotes. I could spend hours just gazing and looking through the thousands of quotes. Some of them totally speak to me and seem perfect for a season in my life or a challenge that I'm going through. Others just crack me up! Often, I'll come across one and immediately text it to a friend because it's perfect for our friendship. This one is great. And comes at the right time.

There are no limits to how good you can become or how high you can rise except the limits you but on yourself.  Get serious about your career; decide today to be a big success in everything you do.
 


[TWO]

I don't know about you, but my kids LOVE popsicles. They eat them like they are going out of style, and often, we are going through a box in just a couple days. My mom found these awesome re-usable cones, so we can make homemade (and much healthier) popsicles that aren't filled with all the artificial junk from traditional ones. Greek yogurt, frozen veggies, protein powder, spinach, and anything else you want to throw in. Blend up, pour in molds and voila! They have no idea that it's healthy!









[THREE]
Homemade lemonade stands.

These just scream summer, I think. Brett had been talking about it for days, so he created the sign, we helped him with the set-up and he ran the stand for a few hours. Some of the neighbor kids came over to hang out, but Brett never left that stand. He was so serious about making a business of it. It really couldn't have been cuter. And we have the absolute sweetest neighbors. They pretty much all stopped by for a cup of lemonade, or just to give him a dollar (or $5!). It's amazing how that little act of kindness can make a kids' day. I texted "thank you" to one of our neighbors and she replied, "I always support kids and their lemonade stands". I vow to do the same!



 
His teacher even came over for some lemonade. Highlight of his day!




[FOUR]

I might cry. #holdme My big boy is starting tackle football this fall, so he got to pick up his pads yesterday. It's unbelievable to me. Just craziness that he's old enough for this. I'm not ready to add "football mom" to my resume, but we are full speed ahead! And, honestly, I don't know if Jake has ever been more excited about anything in life!






[FIVE]

I've been totally overwhelmed (in a good way!) with the amount of you readers, who want more information about the 21-day fix that I blogged about this week. Although you are welcome to leave a comment on here, unless you check back for replies, you won't get them. Please email me at {familiarjoy@yahoo.com} and I'll help get you more information or get you started. I can send you a link to a video or help you find a Facebook page for starting the program. I LOVE how many people are excited about it!!


Okay, that's all for now! Have a fantastic weekend!

5 comments:

  1. I love that quote and I'm so with you I would spend hours looking on pinterest for inspiration! I need to read your post on the 21 day fix!! Happy weekend! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the workouts in the 21 day fix! I wasn't so good about the diet. I really want to try it again and be serious about the diet and really see the results!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute lemonade stand! I bet those cuties sold lots of cups

    ReplyDelete
  4. The lemonade stand is too cute! What does it say above about "20 percent off?"

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those cones and the lemonade stand is so cute!

    ReplyDelete