Thursday, June 25, 2015

Favorite {summer FUN} activities!



I am a self-proclaimed anti-sit-arounder in the summer. If that's not a word, it should be. Meaning, unless we are entertaining and I'm sitting, visiting with friends, I don't like to just sit. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind grabbing a book, a lounge chair and a fancy drink to sit in the backyard, but the reality is, that happens never. #momtomanyneedychildrenproblems
 
With that said, I don't like to have to come up with something creative to do with the kids each day. That's where this brilliant "Summer Fun" jar comes in. I have to admit, this was a MOPS craft this year. And whomever came up with the original idea, was brilliant.
 
Here's how it works....grab a mason jar, a handful of popsicle sticks, some fun washi tape, a small piece of scrapbook paper, and a fine tip sharpie. This is totally something that even the "not-crafty" mom can feel good about. #noexcuses

1-- use the lid of the mason jar as a pattern, to trace a circle on the scrapbook paper. Cut it out, draw a design, write "Summer Fun", or whatever other creative name you might have for the jar.

2 --wrap washi tape around the top of the popsicle sticks. I used all one design, but you could use two different designs and separate your activities into "free" versus "ones that cost money".

3 --using the fine tip sharpie, write out different activities that your family could do on any given summer day. I try to keep them non-date specific, so we can just draw one out and do it any old day of the week.






Here are some of our favorite {summer FUN} activities that we wrote down. I'd love to hear more from YOU, so I can add to this list. We've got over two months to fill!
 
bowling
mini golf
picnic at a park
wash the cars
s'mores
splash park
local sporting event
hang out at the waterfront
swimming
zoo
coffee shop
frozen yogurt
dress up and go to a fancy dinner
hiking
visit a pet store
outdoor movie
children's museum
go to the movies
play at a playground
family bike ride
library
roller skating

Okay, let's hear it! What am I missing? What are your favorite summer activities?
 

3 comments:

  1. Cute idea! Your list includes everything I can think of that we like to do in the summer! Have a great weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha- Doing this was on my list of things for today, our first day off. Yours looks much prettier than mine..I think I may postpone until tomorrow now to fun it up...and copy some of your activities ;)

    ReplyDelete