Wednesday, June 10, 2015

{21-day fix} review


As most of you know, I just finished the 21-day fix. I couldn't be more excited to share about it with you.

For starters, I had a couple reasons for beginning the program....I had gotten used to pregnancy and nursing for over 10 years, leaving me lazy with my eating/exercise habits. Although I wasn't needing to lose much weight, I knew that I needed to change my body composition. I wanted to tone muscles that I haven't seen for years and just feel better in my clothes. The thing I love about the program is that it's not a quick fix. There are no magic pills, there are no food restrictions, there are no requirements, other than following the container portions (which was often more than I could eat!), drinking a ton of water!!!, and using the DVD's to exercise 30 minutes a day.

It did require a lot of prep work and many trips to the grocery store, but I don't think it was more expensive than normal. Most of our normal foods, sat in the fridge or pantry collecting dust. We powered through veggies, fruit, greek yogurt and chicken breast, like they were going out of style, though!

 
Preparing meals ahead of time made all the difference in the world. This is what I left with in the mornings, to head to work. A full bottle of ice water (I drank 3-4 of these each day), my breakfast and a late morning snack. The key was to eat every couple hours and never let myself get hungry!

 
Here are several of the meals that I made over the three weeks. Salads were usually just a bunch of veggies and some sort of protein, cubed up.
 


 
My number one favorite thing to eat on this plan....greek yogurt, frozen yogurt and raw honey.







 
We love to BBQ in the warm weather, and were still able to enjoy it, even while eating healthfully. Most of the time, I just ate it with the bottom bun, but on this particular night, I saved my carbs and ate a bun-less turkey burger. Still really good!

 
I ate several breakfast burritos over the past 3 weeks. Sometimes for breakfast and sometimes for dinner.














A really yummy lunch....spread hummus over a whole wheat tortilla, lay grilled chicken strips and cover with veggies. I chose lettuce, tomato, cucumber and sprouts. Roll up and enjoy. SOOOO stinkin good!
 

 And because I think it's important to have some accountability, here are the before and after pictures. I'll be honest, they aren't my favorite. At all. But, I believe you can really see the difference. I actually think you can see more of the difference in real life. It was hard to capture perfectly on camera. I feel so much better and absolutely feel different in my clothes. I'm stronger, faster, leaner and can honestly say that I feel good in my skin.
 

 
 
Am I done? Nope. I'm going to do another round of this soon. I realize that I don't have a bunch of weight to lose, but I'll focus on the inches and the problem areas. Hoping to feel totally confident by July!
 
Several of you have already emailed me or sent me a FB message regarding this program. Because I've signed up to be a coach, I'd love to work with you. I promise that I'm not going to be a spam-y, over-the-time poster, but I believe in this so much (and saw the results firsthand) that I think it's great for anyone who is struggling with their weight, have hit a plateau or just want to tone up and get in shape. Shoot me an email (or you can send a FB meesage), if you'd like to learn more or want to get started.
 
I promise you will see results!! (And for the record, my hubby just followed the eating plan and lost 12 lbs in 21 days)! Imagine if he had added the workouts, as well?!
 
What are you waiting for?
 



6 comments:

  1. you look great! although I think you look great in your before picture too :)

    What kind of meal plan do you follow? I'm definitely interested, I'm looking to lose inches as well, I'm fine with the weight.

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Liz! I left you a comment with my contact info, over at your blog. Let me know if you can't see it!

      Delete
  2. Emailing you- I think I still have it somewhere

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Deena! My email is www.familiarjoy.yahoo.com. Shoot me and email and we can chat about this! =)

      Delete
  3. I applaud your efforts and I am happy you are pleased with the result. But, I sincerely, think you look wonderful before too. Hugs and Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! Thanks for sharing with us at Waiting on...Wednesday!

    Holly @ www.iwillservewhileiwait.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete