Tuesday, May 26, 2015

What's up Wednesday


Happy Hump Day!
The best part is that it's the first day of the week, since we didn't have school the past two days...and it's a THREE day week!! Yay!

I'm linking up with Shay, Shaeffer and Mel to share:
WHAT'S UP WEDNESDAY!
 
{What I'm eating}

Oh, boy have we been eating. I'm doing the 21 day fix (and Adam has been a good sport and doing the food part with me, too) so we've been making all kinds of yummy things. Here are a few of my favorite meals, from lately.














{What I'm reminiscing about}

How quickly the school year flew by and how excited we are for summer! It's hard to believe that we only have a few weeks left. It's times like this, that I'm super thankful I married a teacher. I mean, I love him for lots and lots and lots of reasons, but the fact that we have breaks and summer off together, is one of my favorite things! We've been working on our summer bucket list and I've got a blog post in progress, to show you exactly how that will work for us.


{What I'm loving}

Because I've changed my eating habits recently, I've had to be more creative with my coffee. I've relied so heavily on coffee creamer, and it's been the hardest thing to give up. I found this Starbucks iced coffee at the grocery store. Trust me, when I say it's worth it! It sure makes making fun drinks easy. I've been blending it with almond milk, cocoa powder, vanilla extract and PB2. It's good!!!!!







{What we've been up to}

We've been spending most of our time outside. We have a rule on nice days...you stay outdoors all day. Starting around 9am, they have to be outdoors until after dinner time, except for bathroom breaks and a small rest time (where the bigs can watch a show or two). It works well for our kids, and despite initial complaints, it's amazing how well they use their imaginations.












 
This past week, we also had baseball games, swimming lessons, a choir concert (see these proud siblings surrounding their big brother, after the concert)......
 


 
and some toddler gym.
 



{What I'm watching}

Um, hello! The Bachelorette is back on, so you know what I'm watching! I've got to be honest, I'm a tad disappointed that Britt didn't get chosen (I really think she's not as crazy as the Bachelor made her out to be), but I'm happy she seems to have found true love outside of the show. So, any favorites so far? I haven't decided if I'll peek at the spoilers or not.

 
Even though a lot of our favorite shows have ended for the season (hello, Scandal), Chicago PD is still going strong and getting good! I love Erin and can't believe she quit! That can't happen, right?! She's got to come back!




{What I'm working on}

Growing this blog! I've been a pretty terrible blogger lately and I plan to change that, soon! I've been hemming and hawing over ads, and what I want that to look like. I'm trying to make some design decisions and I'm looking forward to some changes in the near future. Stay tuned and please let me know what you want to read! I love the feedback from my readers. And I promise to be a better blog reader, once summer starts!

{What I'm looking forward to}

SUMMER!!!! Need I say more?! To be honest, I'm also looking forward to car shopping, happening sometime in the near future. We've got to get a larger vehicle. It's amazing how small things seem, when you add in a lot of kids (and sports equipment). Any suggestions on a good SUV with a large trunk? We currently have a GMC Acadia, and as much as I love it, we need something bigger. No minivans, please (I know they are practical, but they don't have the trunk space, either), and must seat 6-7 people. =)

{What I'm wearing}

I've been wearing a whole lot of workout clothes lately. I know, boring! But, I'm looking to update my workout wardrobe and treating myself, when I complete the fix. I love Nike stuff, I also love Lululemon. Excited to share my favorite workout gear with you, soon!



{What I'm doing this weekend}

Jake's got another baseball tournament, so we will do a whole lot of spectating. Good thing we love it!! And the weather is supposed to be in the upper 70's, so it will be the perfect weather.

 

{What else is new}

If you could all lift up a quick prayer, or good thought. One of my very, very best friends is having her baby TODAY!!!! I've blogged about her before, but they lost their little boy, unexpectedly, during birth, 17 months ago. Today, they will welcome a sweet little girl, who will carry her brother's name in her middle name. And this proud auntie will be sure to share the news, once she's here! I cannot wait!!!


June's Question

{What's your favorite thing to grill}

Black bean burgers. These are from Costco and are amazing!!!! I can't get enough of them! Even my red meat loving hubby thinks they are delicious! We also love grilling salmon, kabobs, steak and corn on the cob. Yum. My mouth is watering!!



This post is also linked up with: Rosilind, Holly, Michelle, Victoria




13 comments:

  1. I love your "stay outside all day rule" and I'm totally going to steal it in the future. Yay for new bloggy blog plans and growing this space. I always feel like you are a true lifestyle blogger and posts like this are the perfect example of why - you include so many great pieces of your life. And it's all genuine. You have some fashion posts, some parenting posts, some home posts. I'm always so impressed with everything you fit into your life. How you work, have 4 kids and blog is beyond me. I can barely work and blog while pregnant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I just come eat at your house?? Yum! Learning to drink my coffee black was one of the hardest transitions. I added cinnamon and almond milk at first and it helped but I also never liked sweet coffee but was heck on some creamer. Prayers for your sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto what Claire just wrote about loving your true "lifestyle" approach to blogging. And regarding the SUV shopping...we absolutely love our Ford Expedition. It is full-size and rides smoothly. It doesn't feel like a truck-based suspension. Also, the third row is a full size seat with full size leg room. We also looked at the Tahoe/Yukon, and it's third row sits on a higher base. In other words, when sitting in the third row, your knees are up by your chest. As our kids get more "adult-sized" it is nice to have a third row that is comfortable. I also like how the third row folds flat and can fold down in a 60/40 split. Hope you find a great SUV!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed seeing the healthy meals that you shared. Enjoyed all the pics of your children too

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post! Those meals look delicious BTW! you should share some of the recipes!! I'm having to be on a Gestational Diabetic diet for the final weeks of this pregnancy and those look like they would be yummy low-carb options!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's such a good idea to do instead of creamer! I'm going to have to try that in my coffee tomorrow. I also agree about Britt... I definitely don't think she's as crazy as they made her look!

    http://www.jenna-grace.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. All your meals look amazing!!!! And, hooray for staying outside all day!
    LOVE your blog!
    Thanks for linking up with us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love posts like this! Really gives readers a chance to get to know you better! Your kids are adorbs and I'm right there with you on Bachelorette. You are much better than me - I've already dove into the spoilers! :) Thanks for linking up with Waiting on...Wednesday!

    Holly @ www.iwillservewhileiwait.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a 2015 Tahoe and I love it! My kids aren't little anymore but there is plenty of room and we haul a lot of stuff for our business. You would get even more room in the Suburban. Your meals look so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Kelly,

    Glad to find your site via the While I'm Waiting Wed. link up.

    Your life looks busy, and your kids are really cute!

    I'm hooked on Starbuck's iced coffee as well.

    Glad to meet you.
    Blessings,
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  11. We just discovered the Chipotle Black Bean Burgers on our last trip to Costco. They are the BEST!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your kids are the cutest!! Love your Outside rule!! I totally love the Morning Star Black Bean burgers and have to keep an eye out for the Chipotle ones!! And Erin will be back on Chicago PD next season for sure....she can't leave. Are you going to watch Chicago Med!!?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Kelly! Would you mind sharing your coffee recipe with the proportions of each ingredient? The almond milk, PB2, cocoa powder, and vanilla combination sounds amazing! I also love coffee creamer but I am having to go dairy-free (including milk proteins like casein) because I'm BF my 2-month old son and I'm afraid he may have a dairy allergy or intolerance. I'd love to learn your recipe! Please share!! :) BTW I love your blog!!

    ReplyDelete