Monday, May 25, 2015

Weekending


 
I'm a day late updating about our weekend, but better late than never, right?! We had a really good weekend. Originally, we had a baseball tournament scheduled, so we made zero plans. When the tournament got moved to next weekend, it meant that we had freedom for four days (we have Tuesday off, as well). Horray! I honestly, can't remember the last time we didn't have major weekend plans, and it feels good!
 
Friday night, we hung out as a family and watched a movie with the kids. I caught this little lady just hanging out on the kitchen floor reading a book....because, why not?
 


 
Saturday we celebrated a sweet first birthday party. Brylie loved the cupcakes!!
 
 
The kids had fun on the big toy.



 
And these three cuties who have been friends since birth. They are little stair steps...ages 7, 5, and 3.
 

 
 
Saturday evening, Adam and Jake went to a high school baseball playoff game and I met my sister and her family for some Yeti Yogurt. I love that my kids have cousins that live close by. I love my cousins dearly, but there were none within a quick 5-minute drive. It's so fun that they get to grow up, almost like siblings.




 
Post-bath stories. I didn't set this picture up at all. In fact, I was busy cleaning up the bathroom and walked into this. He really is, the sweetest brother.


 
Sunday morning called for a little Nutella on toast. Some church and lots of time in the yard.


 
 
Weird fact: our house was the model home for our neighborhood when it was first built. This meant that the garage was used as the neighborhood office. It's fully finished and had an industrial type carpet inside. In fact, the previous owners kept it as a finished office space and parked in the detached garage behind our house. We never bothered taking out the carpet when we moved in (I liked the cozy feeling on my feet in the mornings), but it started to get old and worn with my SUV parked on top of it for 6 years. Hubby got a wild hair and decided to rip all of the carpets out. And so he did. Now, we are researching finishing options for the floor. Suggestions are appreciated! He'd like to paint it and then, maybe, put a rough finish over the top, to prevent slipping.
 


 
It always looks worse before it gets better, right?! Stay tuned for our after pics in a few weeks!


 
While he worked on that, I did this. Meal planning and prep for the whole week. It took me a little over an hour, but I cooked all of the meat, cut all of our veggies and fruit, and cooked quinoa and couscous that we'll use as sides. Totally worth it, in my opinion. I'm still doing the 21 day fix and am excited to share my results.....
 


After one week, I've lost 1.2 lbs and 2.5 inches. I honestly feel so much stronger and healthier! I know that I didn't have a lot of weight to lose, but I mostly, wanted to force myself to be aware of my eating habits for a few weeks, so that I could get back to healthier ones. For the past 10 years, I've been pregnant or nursing and haven't had to worry about what I eat. Now, I have a lifetime to create good habits! Stay tuned for next week's results.
 
Here's my post-cardio fix, no make-up, full sweat picture. You're welcome.
 

 
Sunday night, we headed to my parents for our traditional Sunday night dinner. My kids love it so much! We just watched Brylie run, giggle and squeal across the grass. She proceeded to throw herself on the ground and start rolling and rolling. Oh to be a toddler!
 




 
Meanwhile, the other kids enjoyed some hot tub and pool time.
 
 


And finally, Sunday night, the boys begged for Brylie to sleep in their bed. I told them they'd have to go to bed early and they agreed. As I suspected, it didn't last too long, but it sure was cute.
 


Monday could be summed up into this picture. Yard work, yard work and more yard work. Even our kids were working hard and we are still not done! I love having a big yard, but it's not for the faint of heart. I am proud to say that we got the play area cleaned out, raked, weeded and trimmed. Who wants to come over and play?!


I hope you had a great long weekend. We realize that this long weekend isn't just about yard work, and BBQ's and family time, it's about remembering those who paid the ultimate sacrifice for our country. And for that, we are incredibly thankful.

God bless, America.












3 comments:

  1. Don't you just love it when plans get cancelled at the last second? What a fun weekend with your family! And amen on the cousin thing. What a special treat for your kids! So jealous that you guys have today off as well. I'm struggling to get motivated right now. Only 3 more weeks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also do meal prep for the week on Sundays -- saves me so much time during to know that dinner is completely or mostly prepared when I get home from work. Especially since we are usually zooming off to one of my son's baseball games!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, looks like a full weekend! I love your pictures :-)

    ReplyDelete