Sunday, May 17, 2015

Weekend highlights!

 
We had a very, um, baseball weekend! And I'm afraid things won't be changing for another two months or so.
 
Friday night, Adam and I had a planned date to Seattle to go to dinner and a Mariner's game. What I didn't know is that he'd set it up so that four of our friends would surprise me at the restaurant, for dinner. Looking back, I should have picked up on several hints (including the fact that while we were walking to the restaurant, we saw them in their car). I thought it was a crazy coincidence that they happened to be in Seattle at the same time as us. Then, we were sat at a table for 6 (while Adam encouraged me to use the bathroom). When I came back, I was a little confused, but he told me it was the only table available. Taking FOREVER to decide on his order, when we always get the same thing, should have been another clue, but I missed it! Finally, our friends walked into the restaurant, and I, again, was clueless! I laughed and said, "oh my gosh! I can't believe we end up at the same restaurant!!!" Then, they asked if they could sit with us, since we were at a table for 6. I, of course, said, YES! And then everyone busted out in the giggles. I looked around at everyone and couldn't believe it....it was all planned! I think I would have caught on, had their been a milestone, birthday or some sort of special occasion. But, because it was just a fun get-together, I had no idea what was going on.
 
Yeah, I don't think I'll live that one down for a long time! 













 
We had really great seats in the terrace club, and lucked out with an exciting pitcher's dual, and a walk-off win in the ninth inning!



 
Saturday morning, bright and early, we had to be up for another baseball tourney. This time, the tournament was close to our house (yay!) and the boys did great!! I'm excited to see this team grow, in the next few years. Playing on a competitive level, is really exciting, and a little bit nerve wracking. It's hard to believe that these are just little boys (3rd and 4th graders), doing pretty amazing things!






 
 
We came home to nap/rest in the afternoon. It's not easy being a baseball fan! ;-)



 
Two games Saturday and two games Sunday. A loooong weekend of baseball!
 
Check out this awesome picture! I can't take credit for it, but I can take credit for the cute boy holding the bat.

 
These little monkeys were such great sports and were rewarded by getting some time on the playground in between games.





 
In addition to baseball, the littles had a late afternoon birthday party. Fun bubbles for all the kids!


 
Meanwhile, the team was busy earning their second place trophy. How cool is that?!
 
 
I think Adam was pretty pumped to get to take home the trophy!


 
We ended the night with our traditional Sunday night dinner at my parents' house. How cute are these cousins with their papa?!


 
And then my Sunday night was spent prepping for the 21-day fix that I'm starting today. #holdme. I took "before" pictures and did all of my measurements, so I have something to compare to at the end. I'm super excited to see how far I can push myself. Stay tuned for some (hopefully, positive!) results in three weeks! Make sure to follow me on Instagram, if you are interested in seeing some of my meals along the way!







Alright friends, you can do it! Goooooo Monday!! And incase anyone is wondering, we have a 4-day weekend coming up. Yep. Yes!
 
XOXOXO
 


6 comments:

  1. What a sweet surprise and that restaurant looks like so much fun! Sunday night family dinners are one of my favorite things, we did one too last night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a fun surprise....I can so see me being clueless too! Congrats on all the baseball success....such fun times. Best of luck with your 21 Day Fix!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a super fun weekend! Good luck on your 21 day fix!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun surprise! I can't wait to hear how your 21 day fix goes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like you had a fun weekend! Love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm starting the 21 day fix today too! So far so good! Hope yours is going well!

    ReplyDelete