Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Teacher Appreciation Week

 
I just have to give a little shout out to all of the amazing teachers out there. It's an often thankless profession, but there are few people I know who work harder. It's funny, because I grew up with parents who were teachers, I married a teacher, and most of my close friends are teachers, teaching is all I know. I couldn't imagine doing anything different with my life.

 
Something teachers all have in common, is their passion for student growth and learning. There isn't a moment when you can just leave behind your job and go home and night, without giving it a second thought. Our hearts and minds continue to think about those students we know who are working 40+ hours a week to support their families, who are in the middle of their parents' divorce, who don't know stability, security, or love, or who spend their time struggling to stay warm, rather than doing their homework. Those kids are the reason that teachers choose their profession. To make a difference.
 
So, if you haven't done so already, please thank a teacher! They don't need elaborate gifts, or Starbucks cards (although those are definitely appreciated), but a simple hand written card can mean the world. My boys have had fun planning a special week for their teachers. They helped to wrap gifts, write cards and have a couple other surprises in mind. But, to show your appreciation and thankfulness for the work that they do, will mean the world to your child's teacher. Pinterest is a great source of inspiration, so if you are feeling especially last minute, with no ideas, here you go! ;-)

http://www.buzzfeed.com/gabbynoone/28-pun-tastic-teacher-gifts#.uwAJK7kK1

20 cute, easy, cheap & practical teacher appreciation gift ideas

Don't forget to thank a teacher this week!
 

3 comments:

  1. Teachers are a special breed for sure....I cannot imagine having all that love for some many kids and wanting to be able to help them have a better life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I homeschool my kids but I did get a Chapters gift card for our mentor homeschool teacher. We also always get something for my daughter's girl guide teachers. There are LOADS of great ideas on Pinterest, that's for sure!

    Thanks for sharing and for linking up to the #SHINEbloghop.

    Wishing you a lovely day.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teachers are such a blessing! They are called to do great work that isn't easy. Thank you for sharing at Waiting on...Wednesday!

    Holly @ www.iwillservewhileiwait.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete