Sunday, May 10, 2015

{Mother's Day} weekend

What a fun weekend! The sun was out (hello, sunburns!), the kids were extra good, and I can honestly say, it was one of the best weekends in quite some time.
 
Friday, I came home to a clean house. Thank you, amazing nanny. So, instead of taking care of chores during nap time, I grabbed my book and headed out to the patio with my bulletproof coffee, to soak up some rays. It was a glorious hour.
 
 
 
When the girls woke up, we enjoyed popsicles to help keep us cool.

 
 
And then my sister brought her boys over to play, and my kids decided to trace her with sidewalk chalk. Maybe a bit morbid? ;-)

 
 
Friday night, my parents hosted a BUNCO party and it was a complete blast! My mom is such an amazing host and thought of all the details!
 



 
The view was spectacular, as well. If only Mt Rainier photographed a little better from my phone!
 
 
 
Saturday morning, we woke up to coffee with pancakes and eggs. He's pretty amazing, my husband. And we are lucky. This wasn't a special occasion. Nope. He does this every Saturday morning.
 
 
 
The weather was AMMMMAAAAZZZZIINNNGGG and we told the kids that they were not allowed indoors, except to use the bathroom, the entire day. It's amazing how well they will play together when forced!
 


 
This is what the hubby and I did for a couple hours on Saturday. In all actuality, this is the pile I did all by myself, after he took the first load to the dump. These dead branches have been all over the ground behind our batting cage. Because we are going to re-vamp and beautify our yard this summer, it was a necessary project, but left me with hundreds of scratches, scrapes and bruises. (The hubby is pretty proud of me, though!)

 
 
Dinner on the back patio and some snuggles with my baby girl.


 
And then it came to Sunday....Mother's Day. One of my favorite days of the entire year. Whether you are a first time mom, an expectant mom, a mom to many;  a foster mom, adoptive mom, mom to an angel, a mother figure, or hopeful mommy, it's all about you, this weekend.
 
There is no greater love than that of a mother.

 
These four babies (and my two in heaven) are a constant reminder of life's greatest blessings. It isn't easy, it isn't glamorous....in fact, it's downright hard. But, we are in it for the long haul, and there is absolutely nothing more rewarding!
 
Happy Mother's Day to ALL of the moms in the world. You are doing the best you can, with what you have, and for that, you are pretty darn amazing!!



 
My favorite part of the day is opening up homemade gifts and reading the thoughtful words. I will cherish these forever.












 
I will continue to take pictures of myself with my kids, because I think it's important. It's not to be self-centered or conceited, but in looking through pictures of me with my mom, I found that they were non-existent after my first year of life. My kids deserve to have these memories, and it will be fun to look back at the changes over time. I encourage you to do the same!





Our afternoon consisted of getting my nails done with my biggest girl, my mom and my sister....and then a delicious dinner at my parent's house.
 

The highlight of my day came at the very end, after Brett headed to bed. He sent me a text from his kindle (no, our kids don't have phones).  These words mean so much to me, and reaffirm that motherhood is exactly where I pictured myself for so long.



I hope you had a fantastic weekend, celebrating the most important women in your life, or being spoiled by those close to you!
XOXO





8 comments:

  1. Brett is the absolute sweetest!!!! 💙

    ReplyDelete
  2. What sweet kids you have!!! And all that yard work... yuck. But I'm sure you're glad to have that checked off your list. Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful thing you said about Mother's Day...it's really for all women because we're all called to be either physical or spiritual mothers (or both!). Sounds like you had a beautiful day! Happy Mother's Day! -Jess
    Sweet Little Ones

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable family! Happy Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet msg from your son!! And love your pictures with your kids. You're right-- too often we're so busy taking pics of them alone-- gotta squeeze in there sometimes
    <3 Sarita it's my girls' world

    ReplyDelete
  6. These pictures of you with your babies are beautiful! I am the same...I have hardly any pictures with my mom as I as growing up..I mean sure there are a few from a hotel photographer every couple of years but not any REAL pictures of us hanging out and having fun. I love taking pictures with my kids doing everyday things. And let's just say your mom rocks....Bunco Mother's Day get together...fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Breakfast on the weekends is one of our things too! We never tire of bacon and eggs! (: I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You and your children are beautiful. So glad you had an amazing Mother's Day! Thanks for linking up!

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete