Monday, May 11, 2015

May: Stitch Fix review


I've gotta be honest, I was a little disappointed with Stitch Fix this month. Normally, they send me a reminder email a couple weeks before my box is going to be styled. This enables me to have time to write a note to my stylist about specific things I'd like in my box. I only get a box every other month, and I don't like to write the note too early, because I'm not always sure what I'll be looking for. Anyway, this time, the first email that I got from Stitch Fix, was letting me know that my box had shipped. Say what?! Eeeekkk!! I had plans to ask them for summery clothes, including a new pair of shorts, a sun dress and NO more skinny jeans!

Stitch Fix has incredible customer service, though. When I emailed them, they were quick to apologize, stating that it appeared an email had been sent, but they adjusted some sort of filters so people had recently complained of the emails going to junk mail. When I went to check my junk mail, it had already been dumped the week that it would have been sent, so it's impossible for me to know. Regardless, they offered to have me send the box back and get an entirely new box, at no cost. Yes, amazing service. However, when my box arrived, I was pleasantly surprised at how much I liked. Chirstina has styled my last few boxes and does a great job! She's commented on the helpfulness of my Pinterest boards, so I'm guessing that's how she nailed several of the pieces. I'm not 100% decided on everything, so I'd love your input.
 
 
#1 Nawny Tiered Back Knit Top
 
My first impression....I loved it! In fact, I loved it so much, I decided to keep it right away! I've already worn it and feel like it's the perfect transition top, from cool to warm weather. The material is really light, but it's 3/4 sleeved, so it keeps me warm, especially in my chilly classroom. My favorite part is the ruffle along the bottom and the absolutely fabulous back! Sorry for the poor quality picture. I really should have waited for my hubby to get home, to snap pics (especially of the back). I took a picture of it, straight out of the box, so it's wrinkly looking, but once I ironed it, the ruffles laid nicely.



 
 
#2 Topanga Crochet Detail Flutter Sleeve Blouse
 
Another win, straight out of the box. It's exactly what I was looking for, to wear this summer. It's lightweight, flow-y and neutral. I can wear with jeans, shorts, or a maxi skirt. I paired it with a cute cardigan when I wore it the other day, but I think it's cute, alone, too.


 
 
#3 Robyn Textured Pencil Skirt
 
When I first pulled this out of the box, I loved the print and the texture of the skirt. However, I have to be able to teach fitness classes at school, so it's a rare occasion when I'd have use for something this dressy. I love the elastic waist band, and it's a great length...hitting just above the knee. And if I wore skirts, this would be a great one to keep. I couldn't justify the cost, however.


 
 
#4 Aiden Skinny Jean
 
This is where I need your help! I love the fit of these jeans, and they are a really pretty mint color, but I have a darker teal pair, and can't decide if I need/want both. These are more in style (less "mom" cut), and the length is perfect for sandals or flats. Ugh. They aren't cheap, so it's definitely an investment....but one I'm willing to make for a well fitting, great pair of jeans.


 
 
#5 Omar Crochet Bib Top
 
I'm the most torn on this item. Because I took it straight out of the box, it's still really wrinkly. Sorry! I didn't want to iron if I was going to return in. It has really pretty crochet detailing along the neckline and it's a racer back style (with a zipper), up the upper back. I think it's a good length, and it seems to be a good material. Just can't decide how much use I'd get out of it. The detailing on the neckline is very low cut, so I couldn't wear it to work, unless I wore a tank underneath (which might look funny). What do you think??



Alright, I need your opinions!! #1 and #2 are the only ones that I've decided to keep for sure. What are your thoughts on the others? If you've never tried Stitch Fix before, you've got to give it a shot! For a $20 styling fee, they send you 5 items in each box. If you keep any item, the $20 fee is applied towards the cost, making the service absolutely free. You never pay shipping on delivery or returns and I've never worked with a company with better customer service. What have you got to lose? Click HERE to try it out!!
 



12 comments:

  1. I would keep the white top and the mint pants only! Then can you request a more summery box?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've already worn and love #1, so I'm definitely keeping that, too. I just sold the skirt to somebody...so it's down to the mint jeans and raspberry tank. So hard to decide!

      Delete
  2. I was super disappointed in my last box. I love the white top and I thinking I'd have to keep those mint jeans. They look soooooo good on you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh bummer! Are you going to try again? And thank you! I think I'm keeping them!

      Delete
  3. The mint jeans look great on you! Too bad you don't have a need for the floral skirt, it's really pretty! I would send back the pink tank. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I actually sold the skirt, so I'm hoping it's going to someone who will love it because it's really pretty!

      Delete
  4. I adore that first top! I think you should keep the mint jeans! They look great on you and they are something you can still wear through the fall. The pink tank is cute but I would send it back to use the money towards the jeans.

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I would of gotten that pencil skirt! But back to you lol... I really like the mint jeans on you, your totally rocking them. Even though they are jeans, it's such a springy/summer color, something you could throw in for those chilly summer nights.
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love them, too! You should request the skirt!

      Delete
  6. I would return the pink top if it gets that wrinkly you will always have to iron it. I hate ironing. Though the jeans are cute. I love the white top I am going to ask for it in my next box.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the skirt! I would so rock this at work. I wouldn't keep the tank if you don't want to deal with ironing. I usually just throw clothes in the dryer for a few seconds and that helps with the wrinkles.

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! Visiting from Trendy Wednesday. I love the white top, mint pants, and coral top the most. The floral skirt is pretty, but your right…probably too fancy and I find pencil skirts so uncomfortable. I appreciate your honesty about your fix. I get annoyed when I read other blogger's reviews and they say they returned everything but one item in their fix, but then state 'My stylist…so & so nailed it this month!'. Really? Then why did you return everything?

    ReplyDelete