Thursday, May 7, 2015

Friday Favorites!

 
Okay, maybe I'm the last person on the planet to try this out, but it's definitely a new favorite of mine. Bulletproof coffee. I found a couple different recipes on Pinterest, and took ideas from both to make my own version. First of all, I was super skeptical because some of the pages I found all called this a "weight loss miracle". Say what?! I couldn't imagine butter aiding in weight loss. But who am I to argue with their logic. So, I gave it a try.
 
One of the recipes mentioned adding a drop of On Guard when the drink was finished. That was a mistake. I ended up throwing that batch away and starting over. If you like the taste of On Guard, go for it, but for me, it was all I could taste, when I wanted to taste coffee.
 
Ingredients needed:
1 cup brewed coffee
1 tbsp. butter
1 heaping tbsp. coconut oil
(optional) 1 drop On Guard
 
 
 
After brewing the coffee, I poured it in the blender, along with the butter, and blended for about 10 seconds. Then, I added the coconut oil and blended again for 10 seconds.



 
 
Pour into a coffee cup (add the On Guard, if desired) and voila! Easy! I mean, super easy! It has a different consistency...as you can imagine, it's pretty thick and creamy. But, it was GOOD!! My favorite part was that it kept me full for a couple hours. It felt very different from drinking a normal cup of coffee with creamer.



But you really gotta try this one! If you are a coffee lover, than this drink is for you! I may even attempt to switch over my morning cup to this as well. And check back with me in a month or so, I'll let you know if it has assisted in any magical weight loss!
 
Oh, and I couldn't do a Friday favorites post without a few favorite pictures from the week.

Double French braids on my baby. Hold me.

 
My big girl's very first cheer practice.

 
And one of the most thoughtful gifts I've gotten from Molly. She spent so much time on this and even wrote my name and hers with no help.


 
Another favorite is when the weather is nice enough for us to enjoy dinner on the back patio. Holla!


 
Two of my favorite boys. My oldest with his youngest cousin.

 
My favorite meal for the week was this Santa Fe garden burger from The Ram. It was a-mazing!

 
 
Does this picture need explanation? She's ridiculous and one of my favorites.


Happy Friday, friends!
 


5 comments:

  1. I have been wanting to try my coffee this way for a while… I just need to do it! Stopping by from Our Life on a Budget and saw your post on the link up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eating meals outside is THE best! We're really loving that too right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The kids are all so adorable! That burger looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those double french braids are too precious! Hooray for your big girl's first cheer practice! How fun!! Eating outdoors is one of our favorite things about this time of year too. Loving those grins on your patio. :) Have a fabulous weekend and enjoy celebrating mommyhood!!
    xo - Brenda // Chatting Over Chocolate

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to ttry that coffee thing.. Sounds weird putting butter in there.. Happy Mother's Day
    Chelsea @ thewilliamsjourney1.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete