Monday, May 4, 2015

A {pink & gold} baby shower

This week's Show & Tell Tuesday, with Andrea at Momfessionals, is all about the favorite party you've ever thrown. Could there be a better theme for this week?!
 
As I mentioned in my post from yesterday, this weekend, I had the chance to host a baby shower for one of my very best friends. I've hosted a lot of bridal and baby showers in my life, but this might have been the most special. This baby is coming just 17 months after the loss of her big brother. A loss that happened unexpectedly, during birth. I have no doubt that he is up in heaven, grinning ear to ear, looking down on the sweet baby sis who is about to enter the world. She will carry his name in her middle name, and I'm sure she will be so proud of that, as she begins to understand his story.
 
 
 
In thinking about a theme for the shower, I scoured Pinterest and kept coming upon pink and gold. Maybe it's the fact that that's what we are using those colors in our girls bedroom re-do (a summer project!), or maybe it's just that they scream classic girl....but I knew we had to use them! I had a woman on Etsy design this darling invitation, which fit so perfectly with the theme! Vintage chic, is what I'm calling it.
 
 
 
Thanks to the generosity of my sister-in-law and a couple friends, many of the decorations, were loaned to me. I had a vision for what I wanted, and it was just a matter of getting all of the pieces and starting to put them together. My girlfriend, who helped host the shower with me, sent a picture of our invite to a cake decorator and she designed the most gorgeous cake. Not only was it beautiful, it tasted amazing!!!
 
 
The menu was designed to be fresh: sandwiches, salads, rolls, and dipped oreos, combined with pink lemonade and water. And the weather got the memo, too! It was clear sunny skies and temps in the low 70's. Couldn't have been better! Although the food was set up inside, people lingered outdoors, and eventually, settled there.
 







 















 
 
 
Everything turned out better than I even imagined, and I can confidently say, it was my favorite shower I've ever hosted. When baby girl arrives, at the end of this month, she is going to be blessed beyond measure.
 
"For this child I prayed"- 1 Samuel:27
 
Also linked up with: Sweet Little Ones
 
To see my other Show & Tell Tuesdays, click on that title under "Labels" in the right hand column. There are some pretty great ones, from the past!


4 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous! Love the gold letters! You really just can't do wrong with pink and gold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Love the pink and gold theme!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute!!! I love the pink & gold theme. I am going to pass this on to my sister, her baby girl is turning 1 next weekend & she is throwing her a pink, gold & peach party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pink and gold are a gorgeous pairing, we used this theme for my daughter's 3rd birthday party last year!

    ReplyDelete