Tuesday, April 28, 2015

What's Up Wednesday


I'm super excited about this new monthly link-up with Shay, Shaeffer and Mel....
What's Up Wednesday!?
 

{WHAT WE ARE EATING THIS WEEK}

I've gotta be honest, with baseball season in full swing (haha! pun intended), my dinners have gotten much quicker and less elaborate. I actually love to cook dinner, but when we are heading out at 4:30pm most nights, and not getting home until 9pm, dinners have been anything that we can grab on the run. Lots of PB'J's, quesadillas, corn dogs, etc. Last night, I went really fancy and did boxed macaroni and cheese, cantaloupe and milk. I have a few great meals that I've done in the past couple weeks, and I'm saving another blog post for those. But, this week, we are eating quick and easy!!! Snacks are often apples and peanut butter, yogurt, granola and blueberries or good old fashion popcorn, peanuts, pretzels, or anything to grab and go!









{WHAT I'M REMINSING ABOUT}

My baby is almost TWO!!! How can that possibly be?! Two years ago, I started my bout with pre-term labor and felt like I spent as much time in the hospital as out. I prayed daily for my baby girl to stay in until she was full term, and despite 6 weeks of pre-term labor (including shots of terbutaline and prescription of Procardia), she made it!!! She came only a couple weeks early and was perfectly healthy. I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around the fact that she's almost reaching the point where I can't call her my baby. She will officially reach toddler status, but because she's my last of four, I'll treat her like a baby for much, much longer!! 

 
 

 

 


{WHAT I'M LOVING}

Spending time with just my girls, before the boys get home from school. I had lots and lots of years of just boys (almost 4!), so it's fun to live in an all-girl world for a couple hours a day. The girls and I play dress up, do hair, put on make-up, play princess castle, read, color, grocery shop, or just cuddle on the couch. I'm soaking it all up because starting in the fall, Molly will be in preschool a couple days a week and I know life will move so quickly!










{WHAT WE'VE BEEN UP TO}

Baseball, swim lessons, toddler gym, Awana, and more baseball. Yep. That's about it.



{WHAT I'M DREADING}

I hate to use the word dreading, because I'm really trying to appreciate every moment with the kids, but Adam's work schedule, combined with his football practice schedule, and our other activities, makes for a pretty crazy spring. I'm going in with the "take one day at a time" mentality and hoping I survive!!!


{WHAT I'M WORKING ON}

Finishing up several of our projects around the house. I know that I'm past due in showing you pictures of our newly updated kitchen, dining room and family room. They are coming!!! I just have a few more details to add and then they will be ready to show off! I'm absolutely loving these new spaces and they are better than I even imagined. Here's a sneak peek at our family room, with our new rug. It's a long story, but this isn't the rug we ordered. Their mistake ended up being a blessing and I've grown attached to this one, more than I thought I would!



{WHAT I'M EXCITED ABOUT}

Warm weather! I know many southerners hate the heat in the summer, but up here in Washington, we LOVE our summers!!! Our temps are typically in the upper 70's/low 80's and are perfection. We pay for it with pretty wet springs, but once summer arrives....HELLO!!! 



{WHAT I'M WATCHING}

Scandal only has two episodes left and I'm totally hooked!! Eeeekkk!! Getting good! The Good Wife is also getting really suspenseful and good! For fun, I like to DVR episodes of 19 Kids and Counting (makes me feel less crazy about my life!), House Hunters and Flip or Flop.

Image result for 19 kids and counting


{WHAT I'M READING}

I'm just about done with a Nicolas Spark's novel...The Rescue. Our next book club book, Flat Out Love, is next on my list!

 


{WHAT I'M WEARING}

Incase you've missed my posts, I'm participating in the GYPO Spring Style Challenge and I'm loving it! Here are some of the outfits I've been wearing, courtesy of Alison's great suggestions.


{WHAT I'M DOING THIS WEEKEND}

This weekend is full of celebration! My sweet nephew has his 1st birthday party on Saturday and then I'm throwing a baby shower for one of my very best friends, on Sunday afternoon! Her little girl will be here in less than a month, and I can't wait!!!


{WHAT I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO NEXT MONTH}

The birth of my friend's baby girl.
Baseball games in the sun!
Mother's Day
A four-day weekend


{WHAT ELSE IS NEW}

I'm starting a new eating/health challenge this coming month and I'm really excited to share my results with you. I quit nursing last fall, and slowly 5 lbs have crept back on. Should have nursed forever! ;-) I'm determined to lose those pesky 5 lbs and get in shape for the summer. And hey, once you publicly declare something, you can go back on your word. So there you have it!




No comments:

Post a Comment