Sunday, April 12, 2015

{Weekending}

I love the weekend. I really do. But, especially weekends like this one: family, friends, travels, food, and celebrations. Doesn't get much better.
 
 

Friday night was pizza, caramel corn and Big Hero 6. A good, old fashioned Friday night.
 



 
Saturday morning, I actually had to set the alarm to get up and head out for a road trip to the other side of the state. One of my dearest, most favorite friends, moved away, so we went to visit her.

This picture was taken on her property! I mean, c'mon!!! Are you serious?! It's heavenly and I could totally live there! If only I could pick up my family, friends, job and everything else. ;-)
 
 
 
She lives on an apple orchard and they are absolutely gorgeous at this time of year. The buds are coming out and it looks like a little slice of heaven...especially with the snow capped mountains in the background.
 








 
We were trying to re-create a picture that we took last fall. We are missing one person, but did a pretty good job! It's crazy how different things look in the fall, compared to now. We went from dark, vibrant colors with trees full of apples, to soft pale colors with tiny white blossoms and bare trees. I love the changing seasons.


 
Every good girls weekend includes nail painting.


We walked around town, did some shopping, and then ate at the "Walk About Grill". Yum.







 
Is this not the cutest town? It's a little Bavarian village in the mountains. I love it here!






And one final picture, out her family room, so you can get a glimpse of the views. Would you ever want to leave?!?


 
The weekend wasn't over yet, though! My family came over for our traditional Sunday night dinner, and this time, we celebrated Jake's birthday. My brother and Jake are twins!
 

 
And majoy mom-fail. I bought candles, but couldn't find them, so instead put two "5"s on the cupcakes. I mean, 5 + 5 = 10, right? #justcallmecreative #ordesperate

 
We did cupcakes, gifts and watched a special "program" put on by Brett. Oh, how I wish I had videotaped.


 
It's safe to say, that we all laughed hysterically, ate too much, and had a great night.



Oh, and here's my newly re-finished dining room table. I'll do a full reveal of my dining room, once the d├ęcor goes in, but I couldn't wait to show this beauty off. What started as a project that my mom and I were doing, turned into my parents totally saving my sanity, taking over and finishing it all. Hello, gorgeous.

 
Take a deep breath, you can do it.
Happy Monday!
 

5 comments:

  1. I just love that even though you have four kids, you still have girls weekends! That table is gorgeous and I absolutely love the white chairs with it. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic weekend! That girls getaway looks amazing (such stunning photos), and your family time looks really fun. I love the 5+5=10 fix, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this!! What a great weekend it looks like so much fun Happy Monday

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a GREAT weekend! You guys look like you had a lot of fun and your pictures are stunning. Thanks for sharing. Found you over at Oak &Oats linkup! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had an amazing time but it looks like the weather was a little chilly. Found your blog through Still Being Molly. I host a fashion link up every Wednesday (still live) so stop by if you get a chance :)

    http://www.sydneyfashionhunter.com/

    ReplyDelete