Sunday, April 26, 2015

Week(end) highlights

If I could summarize the weekend into two words, it would be CRUD and BASEBALL. It's crazy that here we are, almost May, and my family comes down with a nasty cough/cold. My girls have had a mild version of this for the past couple weeks, but it hit our nanny on Thursday night and then me on Friday. No fun! On top of that, Jake got a nasty ear infection, that needed medical attention on Friday. Lovely. Instead of resting on the couch, like a sick person should, I spent the day, taking care of a sick boy, two tired girls and did all of the normal housework around the house.
 



 
I had to take this picture because it was just too funny. Brylie cried for a good 10 minutes because I wouldn't let her be on the countertop. I ended up putting the stools up, because that was her only way up. Seriously, she thought her world was falling apart. #toddlerproblems

 
By the time Brett (our only 100% healthy child) got home, the girls needed some entertainment. Brett was happy to whip up some brownies for a yummy after-school treat.


 
And they were happy to taste test. ;-)

 
 
Needless to say, bedtime couldn't have come early enough. Peppermint tea, a handful of doTERRA oils and a good book = my wild Friday night. #dontbetoojealous


 
And then Saturday and Sunday were baseball, baseball and more baseball. Jake's team (that Adam coaches), played in their first tournament. They did great, making it to the semi-final game!! It was full of two long days, but we lucked out with good weather!! It now feels like baseball season is in full swing! We've got 3 games this week....ready, or not!









Hope your weekend was great!!
I plan to put on a tank top, and attempt to soak up a little vitamin D this afternoon.
How about you??

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, that picture of them taste testing the brownie batter! Too cute!!

    Her Heartland Soul
    http://herheartlandsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The crud hit me last week and I was down for 2 1/2 days....my family has no clue what the heck to do when I'm sick!! If your looking for a fun distraction for your littles at baseball...I use to fill a shallow plastic bin with a snap on lid with sand and toys and it kept mine busy for a bit when they were being drug all around watching baseball.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopped over from the Oaks & Oats link up, your pics are adorable! And I do hope you all feel better!

    ReplyDelete