Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Spring GYPO Style Challenge

I've been meaning to update you all, on the spring style challenge with Get Your Pretty On. I love that several of you are participating, too!! It's been really fun to step outside of my comfort zone and be challenged into a different style.
 
 If you've never heard of this before, I signed up for a style challenge, where I'm emailed a shopping list (to create a wardrobe capsule) and then sent a daily email with the outfit of the day, for the following day. That's great and all, but, in my opinion, the best part is the private Facebook group. It's only open to women in the challenge, but I love seeing the way that outfits are styled each day. Most of the clothing items are things I already own, and I just have to put them together in new and different ways.
 
I'm going to share my first 7 days of outfits, so you can get an idea of what I'm working with. I've learned a lot about creating wardrobe capsules, and am excited to go on a vacation, so I can take what I've learned to create a vacation capsule. You don't need any sense of style or fashion to participate and it really is fun to not think about what I'm going to wear to school the next day. It's already picked out for me! I don't think it's too late, if you still wanted to jump on board. You'll get all the outfits emailed to you, even though we are over a week into the challenge. She also does a summer challenge, that I'll be sure to update on this blog. So don't stop reading, you hear!? ;-)
 
And, uh, please don't judge picture quality or backdrop. It's totally normal to take selfies in a public restroom, right? In my defense, my only full length mirror is really flimsy and it's hard to find good lighting in my bedroom. I need a bigger, nicer mirror, I know! And maybe someday, I'll take big girl pictures that are a little, ahem, more professional looking than those with a toilet in the bathroom. Sorry!


 
 
And one really horrible picture (trying to get an angle that gets all parts of an outfit, is REALLY hard, people!!!). But, on the weekend, I didn't have my awesome mirror, so this had to do!

 
So what are you waiting for??! Sign up, now, HERE! =)
 
And if you want to see posts from the fall challenge that I did, click HERE, HERE, HERE, and HERE. Whew.
 

10 comments:

  1. Hi Kelly, I am Ad. I am so glad I found your blog. Your style is real, casual-chic and relatable, perfect for a mom like me. =) Great outfits, especially the first 3 on the top collage. =)

    I welcome you to check out my blog as well. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun concept! I love getting outfit inspiration form others -- love that striped dress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! My favorite is that striped dress!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so darn cute! I have the same problem with the mirror and phone pics. Hence why my head is cut out of all my pics to get the outfit in. lol!
    You seriously look great in everything! Where is that pink coat from? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great challenge! And I am loving your Spring outfits
    Dresses & Denim

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are such a cutie in all you looks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look great in all of your combos!! I love those striped flats. Where did you get them?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am loving reading your posts, especially the fashion ones! I would love to read a post about your SHOES! I have a maxi skirt that I have had a hard time finding shoes. Maybe a shoe post in the future!!

    ReplyDelete