Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Oh coffee...how I love thee!

When the sweet people from Wayfair asked me to be a part of the #CoffeeMyWay blog campaign, I happily obliged. Me and coffee are BFF's......as most of you know.

I have coffee drinking rituals that started when I first got married, and I can't imagine going a day without. 
 
First, on a weekday, my hubby makes my coffee. Every single day. We buy "to-go" cups at Costco and I grab it off the counter as I head to work in the mornings.

One of my coffee "rules" is that I need to be sitting when I drink my coffee. I looooooveee just sipping and enjoying. If I'm forced to drink it quickly, I'm left un-satisfied and wanting a re-do. It takes about 12 minutes for me to drive to work in the morning and I usually drink about 1/2 of my coffee by that point. The other half, I drink while I'm checking emails and getting prepped for the day, sitting at my desk.
 
Every day, when I get home from school, I have my afternoon cup of coffee. Almost always, my girls are napping and this is my "me" time. Here is where I will explain "my drink". It's funny how much it's changed over the years. I'm trying to wean myself off of creamer, so I'm using less and less. I would LOVE to drink black coffee, if I could stand the taste. Ha! Unfortunately, I have to sacrifice calories and sugar intake because that's the only way I can drink it!
 


 
Coffee, from our house, comes from this beloved machine...the Keurig. I'm not really into fancy drinks, I like good old black coffee and some sort of creamer. And I ALWAYS have creamer! Currently, I have four different creamers in my fridge. It's sort of an obsession, if I'm being honest. I like to have a variety and I prefer not to have the same as I do in the morning. Options are good, friends!
 

            
                                                                                                                                                                    If I'm out and about, I love me some Starbucks coffee! I always order an Americano with light cream, and I switch out the flavors, seasonally. Right now, I'm doing white chocolate, but in the fall/winter, I prefer pumpkin. And if I won the lottery, I'd drink it in the morning and afternoon, every day. But, alas, I have not, so Keurig it is.







 
On the weekends, coffee just tastes better. Am I right?! There is something about jammies, no schedule and a cozy couch that make me love coffee! My hubby and I typically have at least two cups on Saturday and Sundays. Unless, of course, our weekend schedule doesn't allow.
 
What are your coffee rituals? Do you have a favorite drink? Is there something out there that I don't know about and need to try??!
 

Here's to the only drink that I couldn't live without.....COFFEE!!
 
 

7 comments:

  1. I am with you! Weekend coffee is so much better. I'm pretty boring, Kirkland k-cup with french vanilla. But I have to try that coconut milk french, sounds amazing. Coffee Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I basically drink it every day, but could easily go without. I drink it for the flavor and warmth more than anything else. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband and I decided a few years ago, that the only way we have time to have any slow time in our days is to get up early. We farm and we work, so in order to have time to sip our coffee, read, chat, write (for me) and lollygag in the morning before the hurried and rushing parts of our day begin, we have to be up by about 5:15. The kids get up at 6 and after that, it's a whirlwind of activity until bedtime.

    In those moments, in that stillness of a quiet house, and still-sleeping kids, we have our coffee together. I'm usually sitting up in bed reading or writing, and he's at the computer looking at car parts or scrolling through Facebook. We are open to chat between us, but sometimes we just like the silence and the being together in it.

    I like variety - in my mugs. Not my coffee. My coffee is the same every stinkin' day. I like a little coffee with my creamer, but had to cut back too - I found the Sweet Leaf Sweet Drops Vanilla Creme flavor in the Health Food section of my supermarket, and it flavors up my coffee perfectly without having to add any calories at all, or chemical s**t-storm. (Pardon my French)

    For each season, I pull out the mugs for that season. For Christmas, I have my peppermint mugs from Starbucks; for Spring, I have flowers and butterflies from Pier One Imports, and a little yellow mug that says Happy; for Summer, my mug is full of big, bold colors and flowers that match my summer bedspread, and for Fall - well, my Fall mug broke, so when we get there this year, I'll go get to find something in purples and deep blues to match the Autumn comforter. I love color so much, and need to have my colors changed and brightened and fluffed throughout the year.

    Sorry. I didn't realize I had so much to say about coffee. Oops!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I desperately love coffee! Before I go to bed at night, I think, Yay! When I wake up, I can't wait to take a sip of coffee! And I blame my husband who basically got me hooked on coffee starting with our first date almost 20 years ago.

    My very first blog post for another site was about my love affair with coffee. I adore Starbucks, and I'm a sucker for dark roasts (the darker the better). Must be why I love dark chocolate, too.

    For a time period, I had to give up coffee against my will (I developed acid reflux), and it was pure torture (and not just because of the withdrawal). I also gave up coffee when I was pregnant with my 2 kids, but it made me ill when I would drink it during pregnancy, and I was trying to make sure I had as much sleep as possible (caffeine used to keep me up).

    I love Peet's Coffee and Starbucks. I used to have a Keurig which was insanely addictive, but I prefer brewing it myself because I enjoy the taste better.

    I read in Marie Claire a long time ago describing a coffee ritual in a certain part of Africa that the author took part in, and it was very meditative and relaxing. And that's pretty much what my morning coffee is all about -- the taste, the ritual and the meditation. Great, great post! Sorry for rambling!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have the same Starbucks order :) And relaxing with several cups of coffee on a weekend morning is seriously the best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I can find coupons for it, I like the Starbucks Veranda blend k-cups. Right now I'm just using the same kind you pictured. I'm pretty predictable. At home: half and half and some sugar (flavored creamers make me sick and give me horrible headaches). Dunkin' Donuts (I'm in New England so we have a ton of them): hazelnut with cream and sugar, iced as soon as it is warm enough. Starbucks (rare): caramel macchiato, prefer hot but like iced too.

    I use a small Keurig but my husband makes 6 cups every other day in our regular old 12cup coffee maker. He is not above heating up the leftovers for the next day. My 3yr old knows which coffee maker is Daddy's and which one is Mommy's. lol

    (visiting from the Shine blog hop)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh, I love my coffee! I have a Keurig and it's the best! We use the reusable K-cups so I often brew my Tim Hortons! Yummy!

    Coffee DOES taste better on the weekend! I agree.

    Thanks for sharing (and for linking up to the #SHINEbloghop).

    Wishing you a lovely day.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete