Thursday, April 16, 2015

Friday favorites!

Happy Friday, friends! Today is no school for the kids and an all day teacher training for me. #holdme #waaaaa

But first, I have some fun Friday favorites to share with you from this week.

[ONE]

My newly (re) finished dining room table!!! I can hardly stand how excited I am. In fact, I plan to do an entire blog tutorial about the process of refinishing, the recipe for the homemade chalk paint and some crazy before and after photos. I bought this on OfferUp for $125. I wonder how much I could sell it for now??!



[TWO]

Our spring weather!! We've have had a wet couple of weeks, but once that sun comes out, I can almost taste summer. Two months left of school and then...freedommmmm!!!! And I'd like to give a special shout out to Mother Nature. Jake's (outdoor) birthday party is this weekend and the forecast shows 72 and sunny. A-men! Last year, it was 55 and windy/rainy!!




[THREE]

Nachos. With baseball practice, swim lessons, Awana, and all of the other activities we've got going on, I've been making lots of meals on the go. I'm not going to pretend that these are healthy at all, but they are easy and GOOD. One of my favorite, fast meals! Black beans, cherry tomatoes, green chiles and cheese. Lots and lots of cheese.




[FOUR]

This picture was sort of meant as a joke with a few of my girlfriends (you know who you are), but it does show a couple of my new favorites. First, this necklace. Target. $4.99. #howcouldinot I also love a good mocha freeze from Costco. I can't be the only one?!?




[FIVE]

I saved my favorite highlight from the week, for last. Our sweet Brett had his first grade music performance tonight. As we walked to school, we were laughing because a first grade performance at our school, includes about 125 students!! With almost 1,000 students at the school, no performance is small. #gobigorgohome

This is their school. Incredible, right!? The best part is that all of the windows on the front side of the school have amazing views of Mt Rainier. I don' think I would get any teaching done if that were my room!
 

And how cute is this theme?!? The music teacher's name is Mrs. Bottoms (stop it right now), so they renamed it Old McBottom's farm. That darn sun glare!


I added an arrow to the pic so you can see Brett on the right. The place was packed and as soon as he got on stage, he scanned the room and locked eyes with mine. Then, it was all smiles and staring at me. Hehe. I kept wondering if he'd look at his teacher, but 99% of the time, it was right at me with a great big smile. He was so proud to be up there.


 

 
We tried for a sibling pic. And, well, it turned out like this. #youwinsomeyoulosesome #ohbrylie

 
His sweet music teacher, who he adores!

 
And his amazing teacher!! If I could keep her for every grade level, I would!!


Hope you have a fantastic weekend! We are off to our state fair for some food and rides this evening. Should be fun!

Linkups: Andrea, Narci, Erika, Tiff, Farmer Bell, Christina, Liz, Amanda, Jennie, Katie, Caitlin, Della, Amy


6 comments:

  1. Happy Friday!! $4.99??? how did you manage that? That's incredible! Those nachos look SO good; although nachos before 7am might not be the best idea! Yay for Brett, happy birthday to Jake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your table looks fantastic! I've been so loving this beautiful weather, it's so good for the soul! Those nachos - delicious! It has me wondering why we never make homemade nachos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That table looks great! And I feel the need for some nachos and an iced coffee! Not together, but you know what I mean ;) Have a great weekend Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG!! You did a great job your table looks amazing!! I can't wait to see ow you did it :) I want to paint my kitchen cabinets my self
    Chelsea @ thewilliamsjourney1.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your table looks great! We've been loving the spring weather around here too. I can't believe that necklace was $4.99! Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete