Thursday, April 23, 2015

Friday Favorites: TYCTWD

I'm devoting this entire blog post to my kids' favorite day of the year....

Take Your Child to Work Day.

And at the high school where I teach, they do an AMAZING job facilitating a fun, educational, inspiring and active day. Instead of our kids just sitting at our desk, listning to us teach each period (BORING!!), they have various activities happening in different classrooms and programs. It's a win/win for everyone. Our high school students get experience "teaching" our kids and our kids get to try out a ton of cool things!!

I opted not to bring Brylie because, well, let's be honest, it would have been a headache. My older three were so excited, though!!  Some of the activities offered....singing, arts & crafts, edible food projects, a woodshop project (they made periscopes!), swimming and gardening. See what I mean?! How fun is that?!

Today, Brett asked me, "mom, I want your job because this is SO MUCH FUN!!" I wish it was always that fun. And don't get me wrong, I certainly love it, but it's not always that um, interesting and exciting.

But without further ado, here are some pictures of our oh-so-fun day!


 






































Now if this doesn't make you want to become a teacher, I don't know what will! ;-)

Linkups: Andrea, Narci, Erika, Tiff, Farmer Bell, Christina, Liz, Amanda, Jennie, Katie, Caitlin, Della, Amy


5 comments:

  1. If only all days were that fun! Does your hubs teach at your school too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!!!! I only had 5 kids in my class yesterday!! It was like a teachers work day without the kids!! I hope they had a lot of fun

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh look how much fun they had! I can't believe I forgot what day it was. My son was so bummed to be one of the only kids in class! Looks like yours had a great time.
    -Erin (No Bohns About It)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how many activities are built in to that day! What fun!!! Nothing like having your kids declare they want your job because it's fun ;) How sweet. Thanks for linking up at H54F!! Hope you had a fun weekend!

    Katie @ Cup of Tea

    ReplyDelete