Thursday, April 30, 2015

{FIVE} on Friday

 
Hello, weekend!

We've got a full forecast of sun, which is a huge blessing for a couple of important celebrations this weekend. My nephew is celebrating his first birthday, tomorrow....and I'm throwing a baby shower for one of my best friends, on Sunday.

So, yes, sunshine is exactly what we needed!

I'm excited to share several of my favorite things from this week. As a side note: I'm on the hunt for a new brush for my 3-year old daughter's hair. We've gotten to the point of tears after almost every bath because of tangles. We're using a detangler spray, but I think the brush is the problem. She has really long hair and I can't find something that won't hurt her when we brush it out. If you have any ideas for me, please leave them in the comments!! I want to be able to share a new favorite brush sometime soon! XO
 

{ONE}

Maybe because it's Friday, I've got margaritas on the mind. Or maybe I just love a good margarita!? But, this, my friends, is one of our favorite drinks! I try to save it for special occasions, but it's sooooo, sooooo good! It comes pre-mixed, from Costco, and just requires you to pour it over ice. If you are feeling fancy, put it in a margarita glass with a salt-rimmed lip. Delish! You're welcome.



{TWO}

IKEA Shelving! First of all, I love IKEA. I'm not a big IKEA furniture person, but I really love some of their simple décor and organizational items. I was looking for shelving for our kitchen (where we ripped out upper cabinets), and these were perfect. This is just a little sneak peek, because I'm almost ready to share our entire kitchen, but I'm really happy with how they turned out.



{THREE}

Who doesn't love these gorgeous Kate Spade earrings?! So cute, right?! Well, the price tag is a little steep and because I'd want them in several colors, it just isn't in my budget. But, these beauties are! And seriously, you can't tell the difference! For $2.88! I saw some fellow bloggers posting about these and had to swing by WalMart to snatch up a few pair! I bought aqua, coral and bright pink, but may go back for black, as well. So great!

 

{FOUR}

I love this sign, but I love, even more, that we only have 32 school days left! And if you are reading this at the end of the day on Friday, we only have 31. Yes, please!! And incase any of you locals are reading this, did you see that we don't go back until September 8th?! Hello, long summer!



{FIVE}

This boy. He's one of my favorites. "Mom, will you take my picture so I'll never forget this day." He's been working really hard to move up to the next swimming level and he finally passed!!! He'd like to make the swim team at our local YMCA and he's only two levels away! It hasn't been an easy road for him, though. He's had many tears over being stuck in the same level over and over. I'm so proud of his determination to stick with it and get better. We are super proud of our boy!



Hope you enjoy this beautiful weekend! Happy Friday, friends! ;-)
 


7 comments:

  1. The Wet Brush! It's at Target for 9 bucks. Best money I've spent for my 6 year old girl...my son loves it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kelly! We use an inexpensive tangle spray by Suave and a Wet Brush (target carries them) on our girls hair. I hope that helps! Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those earrings are a steal!! And congratulations to your son! I taught swim lessons for years in high school and college and it was so wonderful to watch kids improve and move up. It definitely takes some hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Margaritas are on my menu tonight and that one looks delicious! What a good find in those earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Wet Brush saved our life!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. After reading that Shay and a few others raved about the wet brush, I picked one up and gave it a try on my hair. I love it! My hair is always so tangled and this brush works great and doesn't hurt! I picked mine up at Target :) And I keep seeing those earrings all over the FB group page. I must make a stop at Walmart for them! Happy Friday Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stopping by from H54F & love every lit'l thing about this post!! Ready to drink margaritas?! Yes please! Gotta love ikea anything ;) What a score those earrings are!! I adore the sign and the fact summer break is just around the corner too! CONGRATS to your son! His quote made my heart smile!! :) Have a fabulous first weekend of May! xo - Brenda // Chatting Over Chocolate

    ReplyDelete