Thursday, April 9, 2015

FIVE on Friday!


Haaaappppy Friday!!! You guys, I'm so excited for this weekend, I can hardly stand it!!! I have a fun trip planned with some of my favorite girlfriends (road trip!!!!), and I can't wait to share about it next week.
 
But first, my FIVE on Friday!
 
[ONE]
 
Can I please just share these super adorable sandals from Target? If you are looking for a  great summery sandal, look no further. I can't decide what color they are, but I'm certain they will look cute with silver or gold.
 

 
 
[TWO]
 
This salad, my friends, is my current favorite thing to eat. I've had it three times, just this week, and if I hadn't run out, I would have had it again. It's a bagged kale salad from Costco, that comes in one of the salad kits (including all of the toppings and dressing). It's the perfect side salad, or you can add chicken, like I did, here, and eat it as a meal. I'm not kidding, it's SO good. We had friends over for dinner the other night, and they commented how much they loved it, too! Run, don't walk, to Costco! You might need a bag or two or three. You're welcome.
 
 
It looks like this, in the bag:
 
 
 
 
[THREE]
 
And because I don't want to be too healthy, I've got to balance it out with a little Mickey-D's iced mocha. ;-) That's right. I'm super picky about my coffee drinks and really only like Starbucks...mostly for their consistency in taste no matter where I order. But, I really like the iced mocha from McDonald's. And you can't beat the price! I'm pretty sure this was one of those afternoons where I needed a mommy break, so I turned on a movie in the car and drove around drinking my drink while the kids watched a movie and I had some peace and quiet. #momproblems



 
[FOUR]
 
In keeping with the food theme on here. Promise, I'm not pregnant. I have to share about the salmon I made the other night. Costco has the best salmon, by the way. What can't you get at Costco?! This is the second time I've baked it like Pioneer Woman, and it turned out perfectly. Wanna know the secret? It's SO easy! Brush olive oil all over the salmon and sprinkle salt and pepper on top. Put in a cold oven and turn to 400 degrees. After about 25 minutes, take it out, and you'll be amazed. It just flakes apart. I bought a very large piece of salmon (cost $20) and we ate every last drop. My kids all had seconds and were begging for more. I also did red potatoes and brown sugar glazed carrots. The perfect meal for a warm spring night.


 
[FIVE]
 
Red Robin. Our favorite family restaurant. Last night, for Jake's birthday, we ate there--it's pretty much where we eat for everyone's birthday. My kids love it and I love that they bring fresh, hot fries to keep the kids occupied while waiting for the food to come out. True story...I used to work at Red Robin in high school and college. Favorite thing to order on the menu? I love a good garden burger with side salad, or any of their large salads. The southwest chicken salad might be the best! And their fries are to-die-for!

 
TGIF! Hope you have the best weekend! XOXO
 
 



16 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness...I had those sandals two years ago and absolutely wore them out!! I have not seen them in the store but you can bet I'll be checking that out this weekend. They are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you've got to go get them! They are so great and versatile. =)

      Delete
  2. That salad looks so delicious and even better for being easy! Haha, we love us some Red Robin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't Red Robin the best? Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Those McDonald's drinks are so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those sandals Kelly! And I am super picky about my coffee drinks too, but now you have me thinking I need to try that one from McD's :) Looks like you have had a great week! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've got to try one, Vanessa! The mochas are really good (and probably NOT really healthy)! ;-)

      Delete
  5. Ooh!!! Those sandals! I need them in my life. :) Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have those sandals and my puppy chewed them last fall! I need to go get a new pair this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love those sandals! Red Robin does have the best fries!! Have fun on your girls weekend. It's a girls weekend for me too. Always so nice to have a little getaway!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are the cutest sandals, and I've never cooked fish before, but you've convinced me to give it a try. That salad that you posted is one of my favorites, I could eat it every.single.day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute sandals!! I love all the food recommendations - that salad makes me really wish we had a Costco nearby. I am also fussy about my iced coffee and usually only stick with Starbucks. McDonald's iced mochas are surprisingly delicious and it's great that they're cheaper, too. Perfect afternoon pick me up :)

    ReplyDelete