Sunday, March 15, 2015

Weekend wrap-up

Goodbye, weekend!
 
What a great and productive weekend it was! Friday started with 70 degrees temps, which called for hours of play in the backyard. I asked the girls to smile for some pictures. How cute are they?! It might look like I dressed Molly up, but the truth is, this is how she chooses to dress allllll the time! Moments later, she was in the sandbox and covered in dirt! Laundry for four kids is not for the faint of heart. 
 
 



 
I also spent time sorting, organizing, and entering tags for the #jbf253 sale that starts in a week and a half! If you've never heard of this, you've got to check one out in your area. They are one of the best consignment sales! I'm excited to volunteer and consign this year, instead of just buying! To see my post about the October sale, check it out HERE.



 
I also found some time to re-cover the dining room table chairs. We went from brown to grey and I couldn't be happier about that changes! I'm excited to share the entire table, once it's put together. It's been quite the project, but I'm hoping it's all worth it!


 
I had to share this picture of Jake. He's a die hard basketball player!! Saturday, the rains came back with a vengeance! It was absolutely pouring and I checked on him, after he'd been playing for over 2 hours in the pouring down rain. He came in soaked, but in his glory!!
 
 

Saturday night, I decided to try Molly's hair out in sponge rollers. We've never used them before, but with our impending mommy/daughter date day the next day, I thought it was the perfect timing. She's rolling her sleeping oils all over her wrists, here.





 
 
Sunday morning, when we woke up, I surprised Molly by telling her that two of her BFF's were joining us at the theatre AND she was going to get to wear the brand new Cinder"Ella" dress!! I wish I had video...the shrieks, gasps and giggles made everything worth it! She was in her glory!!





 
We met up with two of my girlfriends and their daughters....how cute are these girls!?! They turned a few heads today. And rightfully, so!






 
It's rare that the two of us have time together with no distractions, and I ate it alllll up! She kept saying, "this is the best day ever! It's just you and me, right mom?!" throughout the day.


 
Yep, just you and me, babe. <3 #luckymom



And finally, a sneak peek at our kitchen. All of the new appliances are installed, except for the new microwave. Coming soon! As are the drawer pulls! Pray for us, please!!!!=)
 

17 comments:

  1. Our local consignment sale was this past weekend. It is so fun to make a profit, purge your stuff, and hope you're blessing other families in the process! What a fun Mommy/daughter day. I have plans to do the same with my 5 year old and her bff. :) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, your daughter (and you!) will love it! =)

      Delete
  2. Her dress in the first picture is darling!

    I love the sponge rollers! My mom put them in my hair when I was little and I was just thinking about whether or not my daughter would be willing to sleep in them. She is 3.5 and I don't think she is ready for that yet. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daughter just turned 3 in December and she did fine. I was a little worried she'd wake up complaining of being uncomfortable, but she never did!

      Delete
  3. Such precious pics of your kids! I love one on one time with my kids and it is such a big deal to them. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely agree! I hope you have a great week, too! XO

      Delete
  4. Molly is way too cute! The kitchen looks beautiful, and the chairs....whenever I am tempted to feel overloaded with "too much" on my plate, I am going to remind myself that with four little ones and renovations you managed to re-cover your dining
    room chairs. 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! You crack me up! I don't know how I managed to do it, but I'm sure it was in the midst of multi-tasking and warding off children. ;-)

      Delete
  5. What a cute little Mom & Me date - I look forward to those one day, if I'm blessed with a little girl.

    Stopping by from Mingle Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julie! And thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. They are seriously adorable! The kitchen is looking great! And how sweet are those girls together for your mommy/daughter day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vanessa! I'm so happy the kitchen is finally done...and I'm looking foward to share pics SOON!! =)

      Delete
  7. Your kids are awesome! When you wrote that your daughter said, "Just you and me mom today, right?" that made my heart smile! My daughter is an only child, so she'll never understand the "sharing " part! Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those moments are definitely sweet. I'm sure your daughter LOVES having mommy to herself. You will have a friendship for a lifetime!

      Delete
  8. Your daughters are darling! I especially love how she looks in her Cinderella dress - you can tell she feels so special in it! What a doll! That is so sweet that you got to go on a little date with her. I love it! Stopping by from Week's End! -Jess
    Sweet Little Ones

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! She sure felt like a princess! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  9. What a fabulous mother daughter date. My mom and my two sisters and I are going to see Cinderella this weekend and I can't wait. Love the picture of your lil guy practicing no matter what! GO HIM!

    Stopping by late from Mingle MOnday.

    ReplyDelete