Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Thoughts for Thursday

 
I had so much fun with last week's "Thoughts for Thursday" post, that I decided to do another this week. So without further ado, here are my thoughts...

for Thursday.
(Adapted from The Larson Lingo)


[What I'm eating]
 
There is something about the weather warming up, that brings me out of my cozy crockpot meals and into fresh salads! One of my all time favorites is the delicious taco salad. We use ground turkey to make it a little healthier. My massive dollop of sour cream probably negates all healthiness, however. 
 

 


[What I've been up to]
 
I've posted quite a bit about the big consignment sale that I prepped almost 400 items of clothes to sell. Well, tonight, I got to do some pre-sale shopping. Oh my goodness. I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am for the purchases! I always have some favorites and some amazing deals. Tomorrow, I'll share the details, but my favorite would definitely be the brand-new Matilda Jane dress (dying of cuteness over here!!!) and the deal of the night was a nearly new pair of dark pink Saltwater sandals for $2!!! Molly was just asking to buy them today, at Fred Meyer, and they were $38.
 
#bargainshopper #whatwhat
 




[What I'm wearing]
 
Well, this wasn't exactly today, but it very well could have been. I looooove plaid. And I'm also loving my black skinny jeans. Pair them together, and it's near perfection. This gloomy wet weather, has me in my warmer clothes, still. Come on summer!!!




[What I'm working on]
 
Oh man, you might think I was pregnant with all the purging and organizing I've been doing. Today, I cleaned out and organized our china cabinet. I love the #40bagsin40days challenge because it forces me to do one area at a time. Hopefully, by the end, my whole house will be clean! Just in time to start over again.
 
#when youhave4kidsproblems
 




[What I'm reading]
 
This isn't a new book, but so far, it's a great read. When I posted about it the other day, I had so many comments and emails about your love for this book. Glad I'm not alone!! And thank you for the suggestions on my Facebook page the other day. I've got more on my list.
At the consignment sale tonight, I picked up a couple more books that I've been meaning to read. Excited to start these, too!
 

 
 
 
[What I'm excited about]
 
 Spring Break!! Holla! I can't wait for a relaxing week with the family. We plan to head to Ocean Shores with some friends and might even stay the night in Seattle, too. No other big plans besides baseball practice and getting some projects done around the house. Definitely ready to relax!!
 


 
[What I'm listening to]
 
Yes, this. Buy it now. You won't be sorry! I think I love every single song on here! And have no problems belting them out in the car. My kids are the same. ;-)
 
 

[What else is new]
 
My girls do a toddler gymnastics class at the YMCA a couple mornings a week. Today, was the annual Easter egg hunt during class. Our nanny dressed the girls up and then sent me this adorable picture. Gah. I can't get enough!! The cuteness factor is on high!!

 
Thanks for getting through my randomness! ;-) Have a great Thursday, friends!
 


16 comments:

  1. Yum! I loveeee Taco Salads something fierce. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo is amaaazing. It takes a little while to get into because there's a lot of background, but stick with it for about 80ish pages and you.will.be.hooked! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know! I'm excited to read it. Thanks!!

      Delete
  2. I love big consignment sales.. We have a big one 2 times a year a spring and fall! I always find AMAZING things :) I love it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so great! It's the only way I can afford to dress my girls in the quantity of name brand/high quality clothes, that I do. -)

      Delete
  3. Found you from Penny's Passion link up! My mom used to buy me saltwater sandals every summer when I was little. I loved them! Yay for awesome deals:)
    Lindsey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had them as a little girl, too! Aren't they so sweet!? Thanks for stopping by, Lindsey!

      Delete
  4. Love that top you are wearing!!! And have so much fun on spring break!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Taco salad last night, check! Mmmmm could eat it every day. I love some consignment sales! I took one box of clothes, like a tiny box and made $100, SCORE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, you are giving me hope! It's been going on for 2 days and so far, my total sold is $305, but I consigned quite a bit!

      Delete
  6. I always forget about taco salad! I need to add that to our menu! What amazing deals you got! $2 bucks instead of $30+? That is awesome! Love the plaid and black denim combo. It is still pretty cold and rainy here too :( I started the purging challenge and after 2 days I couldn't keep up :( Want to come to Ohio and purge my whole house now? lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I would love to! ;-) I actually have an aunt who lives there!

      Delete
  7. Redeeming Love, is my all time favorite book! I think I have read it half a dozen times. Never gets old! And yes, bring on Summer. I'm ready for flip flops.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yay! I love how many people are recommending it as a great book. I'm loving it so far!

      Delete
  8. Gotta have some sour cream on that taco salad! That is what makes it yummy! And plaid is always a good choice! Loved reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you! And thanks for stopping by!

      Delete