Sunday, March 29, 2015

The weekend

 
Wanna know what the best part about this weekend is? It's not over!!! Yes, that's right...it's spring break! We are off on some adventures this week, so stay tuned for pictures!
 
Friday started with sunshine, 73 degree temps and a fresh, clean kitchen. Speaking of which, I know that I haven't posted "after" pics, but I will, soon! We have a few more decorative pieces to finish up, including our shelving. And then, I will. Pinky promise!
 
 
 
 
Friday afternoon, our biggest boy was awarded a Student of the Month award at school. He received it for dedication. I think that word describes him, perfectly. I know the quality of this picture is terrible, but the girls were so proud of him and wanted to sit on his lap during the entire one hour assembly. Secretly, I think he was really excited to show them off.


 
 
Love this boy and the dedication he shows in school, with sports, our family and our church.


 
 
And again, terrible quality, but how cute is this? He insisted on holding his littlest sister and looks so comfortable doing so. He's going to make the best babysitter by next year!!


 
 
Friday afternoon, I noticed runny noses and coughs in both my girls. Just in time for Spring Break. Booo! Needless to say, I started on my oil regime, determined to get rid of the sickness ASAP. This diffuse concoction was: Wild Orange, On Guard, Breathe and Eucalyptus. Smells heavenly.


 
 
Saturday, was a true miracle! No sports until mid-afternoon. We spent the morning, deep cleaning the downstairs while our kids all played outside with the neighbors. Seriously, everyone needs good neighbors. They entertain each other, while we get things done around the house.
 
While the big boys were at baseball practice and baby sis was napping, these two decided to make banana muffins. I was busy cleaning out some plastic tubs, so I told them the only rules were that they do it on their own. 100%. I agreed to be in charge of the oven, everything else, was Brett. He did so great!!


 
These were some of the best banana muffins I've ever had!!!


 
 
This should have been a sign that something was wrong. I found Brylie sleeping on her floor, on Saturday afternoon, after her nap.

 
Saturday night, included a quick shopping trip down to the #jbf sale for the "1/2 price party" (I found about 10 more items, for a total of $18!!!) and then we had some good friends over for dinner and to watch the tournament. I love that our kids are all old enough that they can keep themselves entertained while we visit.
 
Sunday, the girls picked out their outfits from the JBF sale, to wear to church. How cute are they??! I mean!!

 
Molly and I attended a jewelry party up at my cousin's house (fun mommy/daughter day), and then we headed to my parent's house for dinner. While there, I noticed that Brylie seemed to be developing a fever. Poor baby girl! It went from 101 to almost 103 in about an hour. So, of course, I headed to urgent care with her. Remember she's got a kidney condition that requires doctor attention with any fever over 100 degrees. Needless to say, the doctor visit made me a little nervous. Turns out, baby girl has a double ear infection. It's almost a relief to hear those words, as crazy as that sounds.
 
We are looking forward to a fun week, less sickness and hopefully a little more sunshine!!! What are you up to this week? Any other spring breakers out there?!
 


4 comments:

  1. Your blog is amazing!! :)) You are a great writer who obviously has a passion for what they are writing about! I would appreciate it if you would check out my blog and let me know what you think in a comment on a post you like! I would love to have a talented writers input! Keep up the great work!!!
    -Wanderlust Rach <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is amazing!! :)) You are a great writer who obviously has a passion for what they are writing about! I would appreciate it if you would check out my blog and let me know what you think in a comment on a post you like! I would love to have a talented writers input! Keep up the great work!!!
    -Wanderlust Rach <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous weekend! Slightly jealous of your spring break this week {ours is next week}! You always seem to have such fun, productive days!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to your son on the award! Looks like a really great weekend.

    ReplyDelete