Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Random Thoughts for Thursday

I was struggling with blog writers block tonight, so I took an idea from Mel at The Larson Lingo and adapted it for my own version. Sooooo, here are some random thoughts for the day. Because, well, it's fun!
 
What I'm eating
 
Tonight, I made tuna melts for dinner, and didn't snap a picture to share. But, last night was St Patrick's day and I have a tradition of turning the food green for the entire day, so that's exactly what I did. Chicken Alfredo, asparagus and some green milk. It may have looked weird, but it was delicious! I thought for sure we'd have leftovers, but we ate every single drop.


 
What I'm reading
 
I just finished reading Orphan Train and it's one of my favorites of all time. I'm not kidding, if you are looking for a good book, this is a MUST. It was hard to put it down, which says a lot when you are a mom to 4 young kids. I may have been caught reading during bath time, at sporting events and even in my car. It was sooooo good!!



 
 
 
What I'm loving
 
Our weather! We did have a bit of rain this weekend, but for the most part, it's been the warmest and best weather on record, for the last couple of months. Sometimes I forget that it's technically still winter! We've been spending a ton of time outdoors. Today, I even got the girls out for a 3-mile run. #bestrunningpartersever


 
What I'm dreading
 
I have a love/hate relationship with youth sports. I love how much my kids love them, but it's really hard to lose family time and put Adam and I in different places. This year, Jake is playing on a more competitive baseball team that will be traveling. In addition to the 2-3 practices a week (Adam is the head coach), they will add in games and tournaments, soon. I have to take a deep breath and realize that it's a season of life and I should enjoy it. But sometimes, when I'm sitting in the rain, juggling 3 kids on the sideline, I may need another reminder, or three.
 
What I'm excited about
 
SPRING BREAK!!! We have one week left and then the entire week off! Adam and I are still making plans for a mini trip and we can't wait to surprise the kids. Our top two choices are a trip to Portland, OR for the weekend or a little staycation in Seattle. Hotel, tourist-y things, etc with the kids.
 
What I'm watching
 
I'm in mourning now that the Bachelor is over, so I have to focus on my other favorite shows. At the top of my list is Scandal. Followed closely by Chicago PD and Chicago Fire, The Good Wife and American Crime.

 
What I'm reminiscing about
 
My biggest boy is going to be in the double digits next month and I'm having a really hard time coming to grips. I mean, once you are in the double digits, you never go back!!!!

 

 
What I'm wearing
 
I didn't snap a picture of my outfit today, but I did yesterday. Everyone has to wear green on St Paddy's day, so I tried to be as celebratory as possible! ;-)


 


16 comments:

  1. Such a fun St. Patrick's Day meal! And for real... how do you do it all? Exercise, read, watch good shows and be a mom? I can't do hardly any of those things are there are no little ones running around here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's the fine art of multi-tasking! The busier I get, the more efficient I can be. =)

      Delete
  2. I had to laugh out loud at your comment about your love/hate relationship with youth sports. I loved it when my son played sports, but at the same time I anxiously awaited the time between each sport. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that the truth?! And sadly, there is no down time from sports anymore!!! I wish!!

      Delete
  3. Since we only have the one little guy I am excited about him getitng in to sports and going to all the events. I can't imagine juggling more! Kudos to you! In years past I always did everything green for St. Patrick's Day or at least the closet weekend. This year I totally dropped the ball :( Between working and all the crazy we have going on in our lives right now I completely forgot! At least we all wore green! lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will have so much fun just enjoying him! And as for St Paddy's day....wearing green is all that's important, anyway! ;-)

      Delete
  4. Fun St. Patrick's Day meal! I love Scandal and The Good Wife! We are really debating if our son (he's 8) should play baseball this season or not. My husband loves to coach but we aren't sure baseball is really our son's sport. Hard to decide as a parent, especially when it involves a couple practices and a couple games every week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so hard to know! Our 7-year old tried wrestling this year and it was a HUGE commitment, both with time and money. He ended up thinking it was okay, but didn't love it. =(

      Delete
  5. Orphan train is on my to-read list, and now I can't wait to read it! Sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sad about The Bachelor being over as well however I love Bachelor in Paradise (at least last year's because I had been everywhere they went in Tulum) so I'm excited for summer with that.

    Stopping by from Stuff -n- things :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! I'm definitely looking forward to that. A total train wreck is always fun to watch! ;-)

      Delete
  7. Visiting from Stuff & Things link up! I've heard so many bloggers mention The Orphan Train on their reading lists this month, I'm going to need to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to! I haven't heard a single person say they didn't like it.

      Delete
  8. Yay for another Seattleite! Our weather has been awesome this winter! Although we are s now people and really missed the lack of ski season, we loved the warmer weather and getting outside often.

    ReplyDelete