Monday, March 16, 2015

My most embarrasing moment!

Today I'm linking up with Andrea at Momfessionals for another Show and Tell Tuesday. This week is revealing your most embarrassing moment. Oh geez. Really?! Ack.
 
I honestly can't believe I'm sharing this story with all of you. Publicly. This must mean that I really love you. ;-)
 
About a year and a half ago, our upstairs bathroom toilet flooded, while we were gone at the pumpkin patch......
(This pic was taken at the pumpkin patch, the day of the flood. Little did we know!)
 
 
...and we came home to a huge mess! Immediately, our insurance company contacted a dry-out company to come over and place large fans everywhere, attempting to save what they could. It was all such a whirlwind that afternoon (not to mention I had two little boys, a 1 year old and a 4 month old), that I didn't bother picking up around the house when the company showed up. We took them up and down the stairs, pointing out all of the water damage, so they could assess. Then, one of the men says that he needs to go to the room that was on the other side of the bathroom, to make sure none of the water leaked through the wall. Immediately, I panicked. "Um, right now? Like, this second, you want to see it?" "Yes, ma'am".
 
Somebody hold me.
 
My closet was completely trashed, clothes strewn everywhere, not to mention underwear, bras, etc. ALL OVER THE FLOOR. I died a little, inside, and led him through. I'm pretty sure I tried kicking things to the side to make room for us and attempt to cover up anything I didn't want him to see. He told me that I was going to need to push all the clothes to one side of the rack (on my bottom rack), so he could check the floor and the wood trim. Whew. At least he wouldn't be staring at all of my underwear anymore.
 
Turns out that was the least of my problems.
 
He handed me a cardboard box that was tucked back behind my clothes, and said, "Do you mind getting this out of the way because there's not enough room back here?" When he handed me the box, I thought I would literally die. OH MY GOSH.
 
Backstory: My husband has some really fun colleagues and we used to have an annual tradition of getting together for dinner and a "roast" of someone. One year, they roasted him and gave him some hilarious, and rather inappropriate gifts. I'm talking, off the wall, super bizarre, inappropriate gifts. Instead of tossing them, or re-gifting them, they went in a box in the back of our closet. That was, until the repair man decided to move them.
 
On the top of the pile of things was a mold to make ice sculpture in the shape of a male body part. Please use your imagination. Or don't! Yes, a very, large cardboard box with this image on the top.
 
Keep holding me!
 
Yes, he handed me the box and I stood there, wide-eyed, stammering for words. "Uh, we don't use this stuff! I mean. Um, it was a gift." He looked at me with a half-smile, not sure what to say either. Super awkward. "Oh yeah", followed by a courtesy chuckle. To this day, I have no idea if he believes me! OH MY GOSH.
 
Lesson learned.
 
1) Always keep your closet cleaned up because you never know who's going to need to go in there.
 
2) Buy a laundry basket with a lid on it.
 
3) When given inappropriate/awkward gifts, make sure to re-gift or recycle ASAP. Those kind of gifts can get in the hands of the wrong person at inopportune times.
 
4) DO NOT leave the house, until you've heard all toilets stop running.
 
Also linked up with: Sweet Little Ones


4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! Laughing hysterically! I love this one. Love love love. You poor thing though!
    -Erin (No Bohns About It)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is, hands down, the best post I have read today! :) Cute blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no!! At least, hopefully, you'll never have to see that man again :) :)

    ReplyDelete