Tuesday, March 17, 2015

My #40bags update

Today is the halfway point for my #40bagsin40days challenge (check it out over at White House Black Shutters) and I thought I'd update you on how things were going. I love those of you who are participating and following over on Instagram. The accountability factor is HUGE!
 
If you haven't heard of this challenge, it's getting rid of 40 (or more!) bags of junk/garbage/donations/etc in a 40 day period. Basically, the season of Lent. Some people give up caffeine, some candy, and others clutter! I participated last year and it gave me the jump start I needed to get rid of excess around our house. It also changed the way I do things around here. I don't buy junk and I have learned to let go of things that I once thought were sentimental. I'm serious, it's made me a better wife and mom. I can focus on my kids and not the 32479385692 extra things going on around me!
 
It's not too late. If you've been thinking about joining in, YOU SHOULD!!! So what if Lent is half over...you can start from here and go 20 days past Lent. Or, you can just do 20 days. The motivation factor is great and I know you won't regret it!
 
I'm going to post pictures of the progress I've made on various areas of our house. I realize that pictures of closets and cabinets aren't the most glamorous or interesting, but hopefully, they are motivating!! I love browsing all of the pictures to see how much junk people are getting rid of!!
 
This wasn't the best time for me to start a project like this, while we are in the middle of a kitchen renovation. (Which, PS, is pretty much done! Eeek!) But, I didn't want to give up, so I moved some things around and am a few days behind the rest of the world. Trust me, I will catch up!
 
So without further ado....my #40bags progress!

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I'll be posting my day 20 picture today, so follow me on Instagram to check it out! I hope you are finding joy in de-crapifying your house, like I am!!
 

8 comments:

  1. WOW -- that is a lot you got accomplished and has motivated me to start the same this weekend!!!! Starting with our coat closet! eeeek!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good place to start! Good luck!!!

      Delete
  2. You have done an awesome job!
    This totally inspires me to work at my house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yay! That was my intention...to motivate other moms to join along! =)

      Delete
  3. This is so inspiring! LOVED the pictures! Coming over from Simply Inspired Wednesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this! De-crapifying is so freeing! You've inspired me to hit the ground running once the kiddos head back to school after Spring Break! Thank you!!! And, thanks for linking up with Waiting on...Wednesday @ While I'm Waiting!

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Holly! It's amazing what a little de-cluttering will do for the heart and soul! XO

      Delete