Sunday, March 1, 2015

Get Pinspired!

I'm super excited for today's Get Pinspired post with Shay, Shaeffer and Mel!


 As you know, we are in the middle of our kitchen renovation, so I've been scouring Pinterest for inspirational pictures to guide us in the right direction. In fact, tomorrow, my post will be all about our kitchen! But, for now, it was a nice change to scour Pinterest for clothing inspiration.
 
I'm one of those first-born rule followers. I've always been that way, even when it comes to fashion. I remember my mom teaching us that white shoes and pants were out from Labor Day to Easter, so I never did it.
 
Until now.  I'm breaking the rules, friends!!!
Hold me.
 
I've been doing a lot of reading and it seems that this fashion rule is out of date. People (aka fashion experts) are claiming that it's perfectly fine to wear white pants in the winter, if paired with the correct tops and footwear. So my mission was to find a few different styles that would work well for me.
 
Here's what I found that I LOVE!



 I have to start by saying that white pants don't photograph well! It was so bright out, that I had to move inside for pictures, so that it wasn't a white blur at the bottom of the pictures. Sorry about that!


 
This particular pair of jeans, I got at Macy's a few years ago. I searched high and low to find a pair that I loved and these were it!! They don't stretch out and they hold their shape well. I feel like it's easy to dress them up or down, depending on the occasion. And I definitely feel comfortable wearing them to teach, which is a HUGE bonus!
 
Boots are also from Macy's--Madden Girl.
Dolman top is from a few seasons ago at Macy's
Leopard scarf from Marshall's.

 
I really love the black & white combo! Way more than I thought I would!! Please ignore the paper taped to our hardwoods. Just another sign that our house is a construction zone. Ack!!
 
H & M sweater
Black riding boots from Macy's
Necklace from Fred Meyer
 


This final look is really fun! I actually kept it on and wore it out to dinner tonight. Remember we have no kitchen?
 
This is an older Gap chambray top
Roxy shoes
 
So, there you go! Slip on those white jeans and do a little happy dance!! You aren't breaking any more rules! At least, according to me. And that means, a lot, right?! ;-)
 
And here are a few pics from our exciting weekend. To sum it up, lots of eating out, watching youth sports, organizing, and spending time in the sun. It was glorious!

Friday night dinner at Applebee's.
 

We timed it out so we'd get home just in time for the girl's bedtime. Upon walking into our house, we knew right away that we couldn't stay there. The fumes from the cabinet paint were horrible!! Thank goodness for my parents...we called and told them we were on our way over with all the kids in tow. They are so amazing for taking us in on no notice!! The kids were thrilled to have a sleepover at Grandma & Papa's house.

I already had plans to go out with girlfriends on Friday night. Bless their hearts, they told me to just leave and they would assist with bedtime. The least favorite part of the day. Can I get an Amen!?

Waking up on Saturday morning, this was our view. Mt Rainier in all her glory! I know I've said it a few times, but this has been the most AMAZING winter in WA!!! It's felt more like spring!

 
Saturday morning, Jake had a football game and then a basketball game, so I took the younger three out while the painters were at our house. We headed to the park and then took a nature walk/hike. They loved exploring!








 
We treated ourselves to Starbucks. Because, why not?


 
An evening with my sister, brother and their families (see all the wonderful people taking us in this week?!?), while my big boys had baseball practice. And this time, upon returning home, the paint smell was much better!!
 
Sunday, was a football morning. Yes, we have been poor church goers for the past 2 months. Our biggest boy won the championship in his flag football league! So fun! The other kids love cheering from the sidelines, and mostly, running around with all of their buddies.





After an afternoon of cleaning and organizing, we treated the kids to Jersey Mike's Subs for dinner.
Um, SO GOOD.
 

Whew. That's a wrap!
 
Happy Monday! Hope your week is fantastic. Stay tuned for kitchen renovation updates and fun pictures tomorrow! XOXO
 



10 comments:

  1. Your white pants look great with all of those tops. You definitely found the perfect combinations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pairings and lovely smiles on these wonderful faces too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are all great outfits with the white jeans and oooooo what a pretty background for soccer playing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that field amazing?! I'm there all the time, and it continues to take my breath away!

      Delete
  4. Aww your little ones are so adorable! I love those smiles!! I also really like every one of your white pant outfits! I've been wearing mine a lot lately too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And good to know I'm not the only one! ;-)

      Delete
  5. Your little babes are so precious!

    I think I need to build a house so I can have the most luxurious kitchen ever, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so looked at all those same white jean pix when I was pulling together my post for today! Great minds! Your babies are adorable!

    ReplyDelete