Thursday, March 12, 2015

Friday Favorites

I'm telling you, this has been such a crazy week! Believe it or not, our kitchen is STILL not finished!! We have appliances being delivered on Sunday and at that point, we will take a temporary break from renovations and come back to countertops and backsplash this summer. I can't take another moment without full use of my kitchen. And frankly, my dining room is sick of acting as a storage unit. In the midst of all of that, I decided to buy and refinish a dining room table. I mean, why not? And get 250+ items ready for our local JBF sale in 2 weeks. Yes, I'm certifiably crazy!

But, never to crazy to share my favorites from the week. So with that, a quick FIVE favorites!

{ONE}

 
We love our local YMCA! We are there at least a couple times a week for swim lessons, toddler gym and twice a week, we do a family fitness class. Staying healthy and fit is super important to us, and I love that the Y is a place where we can all be together doing just that. Healthy living is so important to us, that I have a blog post (almost ready) to share with you about how we make that a priority in our family. Check back soon!



{TWO}
 
 
Okay, friends. If you have a Costco nearby, you've got to grab these jeans!!! They are DKNY in a dark wash and I'm in love! What I love the most is the price tag of just $19.99. Yes, you read that right. I couldn't believe the fit. It's hard for me to find a pair of jeans than I love, but these are pretty stinkin great. Trust me! And this necklace was one of the items I decided to keep, from my last Stitch Fix box. Totally happy about it!

 
{THREE}
 
 
This St Patrick's Day themed dinner from MOPS this week was my favorite!!! I love doing fun things with my kids to celebrate each holiday and this gave me some fun ideas! I plan on making these sliders, so check back soon for a recipe that you can use. They were absolutely amazing!


 
{FOUR}
 
 
I can't remember if I mentioned, or not, this week, but our sweet Molly had to have some dental work done on Tuesday. Because of her age, they had to put her under general anesthesia and it took 70 minutes!! She was a total trooper and was treated to lunch at Red Robin with just mommy and daddy. She declared it "the best day ever!!!!" #middlechildproblems
 
 
 
{FIVE}



My final favorite is when I get a few moments to myself. Even if it means that I'm in the car! A quick stop at Starbucks and some quiet reading time. When you are a mom to many young children, those moments are rare and I totally and completely cherish them!! I'm getting ready to do a review of this book sometime in the next week. Excited to share my thoughts with you!
 
I hope you have a fantastic Friday! We are having temps in the low 70's up here in Washington and are soaking it all up. How can this be real?!?!?!

XOXO
 


4 comments:

  1. I wish we had a place like the YMCA to take the kids to, especially in the winter. The closest thing is a good 2 hours away. One of the down sides to small town living. :(
    I can't wait to see what you thought of that book. I'm always looking for a good book to read.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the things our local YMCA has to offer! Now that Xavier is old enough to take classes, I am excited for us to go more often :) We are moving to a house with a pool this summer so I am sure we will be getting lots of family exercise in that way too!
    Poor thing with the dental work, but that lunch with just you two had to be wonderful for her :)
    Alone in the car is all I get too! :) Enjoy it!
    So jealous of your 70* weather! We are in the 40-50's, but I will take it! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Stitch Fix necklace is everything. What a great piece!

    Also, isn't it crazy how previously insignificant time in the car becomes your new "me time" after kids? I had a long drive last night sans-daughter, and I simply enjoyed blaring the radio. Oh, the little things. ;) Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love some good me time! And I was just looking into our local YMCA for fitness classes. I need to get over there to check it out! Hope you had a great weekend. Thanks for linking up at H54F!!

    Katie @ Cup of Tea

    ReplyDelete