Sunday, February 15, 2015

Our weekend in review

What a weekend! Best part....it's Monday and it's STILL the weekend!! Whoop whoop.

I'm linking up with a couple fun ladies to share my weekend in review:
Biana, Meghan, Ashley, Erin , Molly

Normally, I'd start on Friday, but I had to share a quick picture from Thursday night, as my boys were frantically finishing their Valentine's. #momoftheyear right here. We grabbed boxed invitations (and some blow pops) and put these together at the last minute. I've been much more creative in the past, but this year, just didn't have it in me. I may have, ahem, mis-placed Brett's class list. Thankfully, I was able to text his classmate's mom who sent me the list....narrowly avoiding a Valentine's crisis.

 
 
Friday, I was spoiled with chocolates, cupcakes and even a couple sweet cards (see, high school students aren't so bad!) from my kids. And in the afternoon, volunteered for Brett's class party. I didn't take a single picture from that day, so I have nothing to share. Suffice to say, they were all adorable and I loved every minute of it. I'm serious, first graders are absolutely hilarious! From the "Beer Mom" (instead of "Dear Mom") card, to the "Um, Brett's mom, he won't stop eating out". Um, excuse me? I don't know how one teaches that class without breaking into hysterics, daily.
 
 
And a Friday afternoon isn't complete without our trip to Target for weekend essentials. #amIright
 

 
A little crafting session to prepare us for a little Valentine's party with some of our favorite little friends.


 
When the kids woke up, we had a few little treats for them. I don't like to do much, and some years I only do candy....but I was feeling extra generous this year.

 
Daddy made heart shaped French toast for breakfast. How cute are they??

 
And then off to our party. Some of the kiddos weren't able to make it, so the group was a little smaller than normal. But, I mean, seriously. These kids! Mwah!

 
And you guys, my family totally spoke my love language the entire day. Washing my car, mopping my floors, cleaning out the garages and taking care of other little projects around the house. Productive is my middle name and I was so proud of my kids for working so hard for me.





 
We rewarded the kids for all of their hard work, by taking them to Buffalo Wild Wings for dinner. Their favorite. Not exactly a romantic Valentine's dinner, from the past.




 
Adam's mom, affectionally known as "Noni", delivered Valentine's packages for the kids. Oh my were they cute and thoughtful!

 
These socks were one of the gifts she got the girls. I love them so much!

 
The evening ended with baseball proactice for Adam and Jake, so Brett and I curled up on the couch for a movie. The perfect end to my Valentine's day. And so very different from those in the past.
 
Sunday, Jake had a birthday party to attend, so we took the younger three to the zoo. The weather in Washington has been beyond amazing. I'm not kidding! One of the best January/Februarys I can ever remember.
 
















Because of our awesome trip to the zoo, we took the kids for ice cream on the way home. Perfect ending to a super fun day!
 


 
I hope your weekend is great, too! We've got a couple days off for mid-winter break and we are busy working on projects around the house. Excited to share some of them with you, soon.
 
Oh, and did I mention, we are getting a piano?? Today. Uh, add that to my project list!
 
XOXO

4 comments:

  1. It's funny how Valentine's Day changes when you have kids! We spent Thursday putting together our class Valentine's and baking cupcakes for the school's bake sale. Even though it might not be the most romantic, I prefer dinner with both my guys on Valentine's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that the truth?? It's a season of life that will pass so quickly, and I'm trying to enjoy even the non-traditional ways of celebrating holidays!

      Delete
  2. Looks like a great weekend. I love how you include your kids in the celebration. And your hair is on point!! Looks great, lady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you!! My stylist has been pushing me to try something new and out of my comfort zone! =) Loved your post on the hair teasing the other day. I need to get better at that!

      Delete