Thursday, February 26, 2015

My Friday Favorites: Sisters


There is something so amazing about the bond between these two.


 
Sisters.
 
I remember after Molly was born, and thinking about the fact that we might be done having kids. There was a sadness that I couldn't explain, until I realized it's because she might never have a sister.
 
In my own life, my sister has been one of the most significant people, and I desperately wanted Molly to have that experience.
 
Fast forward to 18 months later, and the day I gave birth to Brylie. Molly's sister. I can't explain the feeling, but my heart felt so full and complete. I'm a firm believer that God gives each family exactly what they need, and obviously there are many girls out there without sisters who end up with close relationships with their moms and/or other friends. And there are plenty of girls out there who don't have close relationships with their sisters. But, I was so thankful that God decided these two needed each other, for now.
 
They have a life-long bond that I pray will never be broken. I'm sure they will go through periods of ups and downs, times where they are close and distant, but a sisterhood is something that can withstand the test of time.
 
I'm already seeing this start to develop when I see Molly picking up her little sister, carry her across the room, brush her hair out of her eyes, read her stories on her bed, giggle together under the covers, or play chase in the grass. It's like watching one of the greatest stories unfold.
 
And, of course, I tried to take a couple cute pictures of them the other day and Brylie wanted NOTHING to do with it! Typical. But Molly was more than willing to put on quite the sass and pose. These two. Every day, they challenge me, defy me, tire me, encourage me and teach me. I love being a mom to these two sisters.
 








 
And, no, I have no idea where my big girl got her sass. She was happy to pose allllll day!
 
Thank you, God, for sisters, or the women in our life who are like sisters to us. One of life's greatest blessings, for sure!!

 
 


24 comments:

  1. Amen! My sisters are my favorite people and I go to them for advice on everything... even though they're younger than me. I've always hoped to have two girls {plus other kids} because I look at it the same way you do - I can't imagine not having a sister. Hope you guys have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally! Sisters are the best! I hope you have a great weekend, too!

      Delete
  2. Stopping by from the link up- your girls are darling!! I am pregnant with baby girl #2 and am so excited about it! I didn't have a sister and I always wanted one, so I am glad I have two daughters who will be kind of like sisters to me someday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post is too cute! I nanny for two girls around the same age and it's a fun age. Your girls are so cute!

    http://sarahwashley.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! They are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so cute! I can't imagine life without my sister. I would be terribly sad if I only have one little girl.

    Sarah
    Midwest Darling

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! I can't imagine life without my sister!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. So, so cute! I don't have a sister, but I do have a little brother that I adore! My husband is an only child, but I am holding out hope (and praying a lot!) that he will change his mind and want a 2nd child. I would love for Xavier to experience the fun/love/etc. of having a sibling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Siblings are so great!! I love that my boys have eachother, too. I'm hoping your hubby changes his mind! ;-)

      Delete
  8. Oh your girls are darling. We are only having one, but posts like this make me want another!

    www.andhattiemakesthree.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so happy I have two girls also. Sisters are lifelong friends… and you have such a poser on your hands--- incredibly CUTE!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She certainly is a poser!! And thank you so much!

      Delete
  10. Yay I've been waiting for this post! Your girls are so cute. My sister and I are 19 months apart, and this second baby of mine will be 19 months younger than Zara... but he's a boy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure your babies will be close, regardless of gender! I'm so excited for you!!

      Delete
  11. Amen! God gave me four girls in five years. I pray that they will grow to be best friends. I am so blessed. I am actually really looking foeward to the teen years. I pray that my girls will spur each other on toward love and good deeds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is such a great perspective. I am nervous for the teenage years, but will pray for them to hold eachother accountable and continue to grow in their relationship.

      Delete
  12. Stopping by from the linkup! That first picture is so sweet! I have 6 sisters, so I'm so glad my daughters have each other! I hope they stay close forever. Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness...6 sisters!!? How fun! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete