Tuesday, January 20, 2015

What's for dinner?? Quick and EASY!!!

If you are anything like me, Mondays mean the start to a busy week and the last thing I like to think about is what's for dinner. Last week, I made this super easy and yummy dinner. Everyone devoured it. In fact, I thought we'd have a ton of leftovers, but we ended up with just a small Tupperware container by the end of the night. And of course, hubby took it for lunch, so I had none. I'm going to take that as a good sign.
 
But promise me you'll try this soon. It's really good!!!
 
FAJITA CHICKEN BAKE
 
What you need:
 
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 bell peppers
1 red onion
1/4 cup taco seasoning
1/4 cup water
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 cup cheddar cheese (I just used enough to cover the entire meal...might have been a little more than a cup)
 
Defrost chicken breast and lay flat in a 9 X 13 pan.
 
Sprinkle with taco seasoning and water mixture.

 
Cut up all the veggies and lay them all over the top of the chicken. Then drizzle olive oil over the top.
 
Bake at 375 for about 35-45 minutes.
 
I cooked rice on the side and served the dish over rice. My boys actually put it in a tortilla and ate it like a burrito, which they loved! However you do it, it's good! And really, one of the easiest recipes!


 
And as an added bonus, I'm going to share with you the world's best peanut butter chocolate chip cookie recipe. I'm not sure what got into me, but I caved and let my kids bake at 6pm at night. What was I thinking??!
 
 
CHOCOLATE CHIP PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES
 
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg
1 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
4 tsp sugar
1 package chocolate chips
 
 
Heat oven to 375. In a large bowl combine sugar, brown sugar, and butter. Beat until light and fluffy. Add peanut butter, vanilla and egg, blend well.
 
Add flour, baking soda and salt, mix well. Stir in chocolate chips. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
 
Bake at 375 for 6-9 minutes or until golden brown. Personally, I recommend closer to 6 minutes for a gooey-er, yummier cookie. But that's just me.



These cookies are low fat and low calorie.
 
Well, not really, but if I tell myself that, I enjoy them more.
 
XOXO





2 comments:

  1. Looks delish! I made something similar yesterday and it was so easy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Easy is the best! Especially after a long day of teaching. =)

      Delete