Sunday, January 11, 2015

New Year's Resolutions....and more Maui pics!

In an effort to return to a somewhat normal blogging routine, I'm combining my New Year's resolutions with some pictures of our 7th day in Maui. Even though we've been back from vacation for a week, I don't feel completely settled and I've had a hard time keeping up with the blog.
 
I did receive a Stitch Fix this week, which I plan to share with you SOON! I've also cooked up some yummy meals, started planning for a kitchen makeover and have been up to our eyeballs in youth sports. Oh, and throw into the mix, our baby girl was diagnosed with bi-lateral reflux of the kidneys. Phew. It's been a lot!
 
So to start...my New Year's resolutions.
 
Although my list might seem lengthy, I'm hoping to really take these to heart and stick with them all year.

--drink more water (at least 64 oz per day)
 
--use my doTERRA oils regularly! I plan to do a blog post on these, but they've been really amazing for our family and I know that the only way for them to work is if I'm using them on a consistent basis.
 
--exercise 3x per week. Can be the gym, a run, a workout video, anything...but I must be in my target heart rate for a minimum of 30 minutes, hopefully more!
 
--run a race. I'm not sure I'm up for another marathon anytime soon, but I'd potentially be up for a 1/2 or a 10k.
 
--take each child out on an individual date once a month
 
--date night with the hubby once a month
 
--take more risks. I know this is really vague, but when presented with the opportunity, seize the moment!
 
--give somebody new, a compliment each day
 
--pay it forward as much as possible
 
--no social media when my kids are awake and playing with me
 
--have more patience. Especially with my kids.
 
--read more books! I'd also like to tackle part of the Bible. Not ready to commit to the entire thing, but using my devotional, I'd like to be more consistent in reading it.

I'm hoping that publicly announcing my resolutions, will help me to follow through. And by all means, hold me accountable!!! =)

And now, on to Maui pics from our seventh day in Hawaii. Because it was the day after Christmas, and that amazing Grand Wailea luau, we just hung low, did the beach/pool thing and spent the day relaxing. It was pretty great.
 
 



































1 comment: