Tuesday, January 13, 2015

A {Maui} vow renewal


December 27th, we celebrated our 11th wedding anniversary. I know it's not typically a "big" or traditional anniversary to celebrate, but how often are we going to be in Maui with family with all of our loved ones?? We wanted to take advantage of that time to renew our wedding vows. I remember when we first got married, talking about our 10 year anniversary and thinking how fun it would be to renew our vows in Hawaii (our favorite vacation destination and one we have been to 7 times together). Well, little did we know that we would have a 6-month old nursing baby on our 10-year anniversary. Whoops! So we had to adjust our plans a bit, and thought this was the perfect time.
 
I'm so thankful for my brother who stepped in and did the ceremony for us. He worked really hard to write a script, deliver a message and even interviewed all of our kids, asking them for their definition of love. I'm serious, it was the cutest, most special thing EVER. I wish I had it on video. I cried through the entire thing.
 
I can't imagine a more perfect setting, with more perfect words. Adam and I wrote vows to one another, which we read that night. Instead of it being in a church, like it was 11 years ago, we were on the gorgeous Maui beaches, holding the hands of our precious little babies. Looking at these pictures makes me smile. The boys were so handsome and took their role very seriously, while the girls were silly and oblivious. Exactly what I'd expect from 1 and 3 year old girls.
 
God has provided us with so many blessings these last 11 years. I'm humbled and grateful beyond words.
 
Here are some of my favorite pictures from that night. A special shout out to my brother and sister-in-law for taking all of these. They are perfect and I will treasure them forever.

 
 






 
























 
 

3 comments:

  1. My GOODNESS!!! Awesome awesome pictures and what a gorgeous family! Kelly you look wonderful - so fit and happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kelly!! Your family is so wonderful dear!! I just loved your little daughter. She is so cute. You look outstanding with your husband. And the vow renewal location you have selected is amazing dear!! God bless you and your family!!

    ReplyDelete