Monday, December 22, 2014

Vacation time--Aloha MAUI

Sorry I've been on a bit of a blogging hiatus. But, we are in MAUI!!!!! I'm not gonna lie, getting 4 kids packed for a two week vacation was a bit challenging, and a nearly 6 hour flight was daunting, but now that we are here...pure bliss. I'm not sure I'm ever coming back!!
 
I started packing and cleaning over a week ago and I'm really glad I did. It's crazy how many details there are to remember, when you are traveling for that long, with four young kids. Add to that, the fact that we have people house sitting for us, so I wanted everything clean and ready for guests. It's not like I could leave with unmade beds, dishes in the sink, or un-swept floors. The good news, is that when we return, our house should be looking awesome to start the new year!
 
I'll try to document our daily adventures, because I know it will be fun to look back on this later.
 
So, to start, the plane ride went pretty well. As well as can be expected with four kids. We were fortunate to be in "business class", which is in the front of the plane with wider more comfortable seats and a TON of leg room. We actually had more leg room that the few rows of first class, ahead of us. My sister and her family were on our flight so we took up the entire first row of business class, and that was awesome! Especially for Brylie who was able to walk back and forth in front of our seats, and even had room to sit on the floor and play.
 
 
My sister thought of the idea of suckers for take-off and landing, which was brilliant because it kept them still for those times when electronics and their toys had to be stowed away.

 
My boys were actually perfect. In fact, at one point, Adam looked at me and said, "it's weird, it feels like we only have 2 kids". We hardly heard a peep from them! Our seats came with a complimentary meal....of spaghetti. Say what?! Could they possibly choose a messier meal??? At least it also came with complimentary wine for the parents who are busy cleaning up the spaghetti! ;-)
 

 
Just a little view of the craziness that is traveling with 4 adults and 6 kids.


 
But, finally, she fell asleep and that was pure heaven. Just a sweet baby and a great book to keep me occupied.


And then her big sis woke her up (much to our dismay), so her brothers entertained her for awhile. Everything went so smoothly and the kids were actually very well behaved. When we de-boarded a woman stopped me to tell me how impressed she was with our kids. I'll take it! ;-)
 
It's funny how quickly you forget about the stress of travel when pulling up to our house. Um, hello. This is our view for the next two weeks.
 
 
And here you can see the house. It doesn't look very big from the outside, but it's huge on the inside. Enough to sleep all 14 of us, comfortably. It's pretty darn amazing and we are totally blessed.

 
So here's to 14 days of sunshine, family, celebrations, delicious food, drinks and being with the people we love the most.
 
Mahalo!
XOXO









No comments:

Post a Comment