Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Our third day in PARADISE.

 
Our third day in paradise was Monday....and it was pretty much perfect. One of my favorite things about Hawaii is the weather. It's hardly ever too hot and when the temps get high, usually there is a nice breeze to keep you cool.
 
We started the morning with a mile or so, walk to a park. I'm pretty sure we passed at least 30 homes that were over 10 million dollars and it was fun to dream about living in them, someday. We may want to pursue careers other than teaching for those reams to become a reality. Ha!
 
 
 
This is just a regular park....ON THE OCEAN. IN MAUI. If I were a local, I'd come every day. It was stunning!!!!






 
 
And a quick stop for some Starbucks iced coconut Americanos for the walk home.

 
Once we got back to the house, it was all about the beach.






 
We love our mama. She and my dad have been SO incredibly generous. There is no way this trip could have happened without them.



 
YAY, MAUI!!!!
 
 
Our house has a great pool where Brett's been getting some private swim lessons from my mom. She was a former lifeguard, swim coach and swim team member, so he's getting the best of the best. I'm excited to see how much he improves over the two weeks we are here.

 
And, really, these two couldn't be much cuter.













 
Pardon me if you get tired of the sunsets, but I can't help snapping pictures each night. This really does it no justice, but you can get a small glimpse of what we see as we sit on our back patio each night.






I'm an entire day behind on the blog, so although I just blogged about Monday, it's actually Christmas Eve and we will be attending church here in Maui and laying out gifts from Santa tonight. I cannot wait to celebrate the reason for the season with my family, in paradise. What an amazing gift.

1 comment:

  1. BEAUTIFUL!!! I am so jealous! What an awesome trip! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!! One day I will make it there! PS-love your flounce bikini top!!

    ReplyDelete