Friday, December 5, 2014

Molly is THREE!

I've gotta be honest, I have tears in my eyes just writing this post. I know everyone says that time goes fast, but really, the last 3 years have gone in the blink of an eye. I can't believe that my biggest girl is THREE, already.


 
That (painful) moment when she entered the world, three years ago, was one I will never forget. A daughter. Wow. She has far surpassed my expectations and I can't imagine my life without her.


 
Molly is practically perfect in so many ways. She has her moments, for sure, but I can't think of even one trait that I'd change about her. She's determined, articulate, sassy, sweet, silly, spunky, lovable and caring. And so far <knock on wood>, it seems that she's not very stubborn or difficult. I just love spending time with her because she's fun! It's pretty unbelievable that I enjoy taking her out to coffee or to the mall, and we can carry on an adult conversation. She's always been mature beyond her years....some of her very best friends are 2-3 years older than her, and she fits in just fine.


 
I remember when she turned two last year and I knew that there were 3 issues we'd have to tackle before her third birthday....the potty, the crib and the binkie. I wasn't sure how any of them would go, and each one made me nervous. Shortly after her second birthday, we tackled the potty and it was flawless. Way easier than I imagined! Whew. By summer, we said goodbye to the crib, and it went better than I imagined, as well. Two down, one to go. Then, just about 6 weeks ago, she gave up her binkie forever. I couldn't believe it. All of the trepidation and fear about these three vices, was gone! She proved to us, once again, that she's pretty much awesome. Not that I'm biased or anything. ;-)














 
And for documenting purposes, I wanted to share a few of her
favorite things.....

princesses
dressing up
reading
drawing/coloring
swinging
singing and dancing
make-believe
cuddling
play dates
shopping
holding babies
family
 
She is my breath of fresh air, the warm spot in my tummy and the twinkle in my eye. I can't imagine loving her any more than I do, and my life mission is to raise her to know just how much I love her. 


 
God blessed our lives when he chose Molly to be our daughter. We had losses in our journey to meet her, but God knew that she would be well worth the wait.
 
Happiest birthday, sweet girl!
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment