Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Easy and YUMMY soups!

Soup is my very favorite winter meal. And it's even more appealing when the recipe is easy to follow and quick to make! I have a couple of my favorites and plan to add another post next week. I also made an amazing crockpot chicken noodle soup, but forgot to take pictures! #bloggerproblems I'll include the recipe, but no pretty pictures to go with it.
 
 
EASY Taco Soup
 
1 can pinto beans
1 can kidney beans
1 can great northern beans
1 can corn
1 can beef broth (I used beef bouillon)
1 can rotel
1/4 cup taco seasoning (or 1 packet)
1 packet of ranch seasoning
2 cans diced tomatoes
1-2 pounds of lean ground beef, browned (I used ground turkey)
 
Rinse and drain beans, corn and beef
Add everything to a large stock pot and cook on medium-high until hot (about 30 minutes), or you can put in crockpot for the entire day
 
Besides the time it takes to quickly brown the meat and dump the cans, this is the most simple recipe ever!! And the kids all had seconds! I serve with tortilla chips (preferably "scoops"), which makes it easy to dip.
 




 
Another easy and delicious soup!
This was a little different than the usual and I really, really loved how it turned out. In fact, the recipe made so much that I had the leftovers for lunch the next day and I honestly think the flavor was better after sitting overnight.
 
 
Bean and Sausage Soup
 
3/4 lb of sausage or kielbasa (which is what I used)
2 cups chicken broth
1 Tbsp garlic
1 tsp dried oregano
2 cups great northern beans (I had to sub in one can pinto beans)
1 cup freshly diced tomatoes
6 cups baby spinach leaves
pepper to taste
 
Dice meat and sear on all sides. Pour chicken broth and garlic into a large pot. Cook on medium high heat and bring to a simmer. Add in the oil and oregano, then beans and meat. Stir it up before adding in tomatoes. Heat through till the beans are tender. If using canned it won't take long at all. Once beans are tender add in the spinach and cook just until the leaves are wilted. Stir it in and sprinkle pepper on top
 
 


 
Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup
 
1 large onion, peeled
2 large carrots, peeled and sliced or chopped
2 celery, chopped
3 chicken breasts, diced
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (optional)
6 cups chicken broth
1 cup water
1 bay leaf
2 cups noodles
 
Add all ingredients to the crockpot, except the noodles and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours. About 1 hour before serving, shred the chicken and return to crockpot. Add uncooked noodles, and serve when noodles are cooked through.
 
 
Enjoy!!! And please, if you haven't offered up a suggestion already, leave a recipe for your favorite soup in the comments or on my Facebook page.


No comments:

Post a Comment