Tuesday, December 16, 2014

A peek into our home-- Brylie's nursery

 
I had so much fun decorating Brylie's nursery, just as soon as I found out I was having another girl. First of all, I knew I wanted something completely different from Molly's. Click HERE to see her room. 
 
 
 
The wheels just started turning-- I looked through hundreds of pictures of nurseries and couldn't find something I just loved, so I thought I'd try to design it based on some inspirational pictures I found on Pinterest.
 
Cue talented sister-in-law, who is quite the seamstress. She graciously offered to turn my ideas into reality. I envisioned ruffles, but not frills, raspberry pink, yellow, eggshell blue and a few other bright colors mixed with various patterns of polka dots, flowers, chevron print and stripes. I also wanted matching ruffles on the bed skirt and on the bottom of the curtains. Basially, I wanted Brylie's nursery to be unique, not to be found anywhere else. I wanted whimsical and dreamy, girly and fresh.
 
 
 
It turned out better than I had imagined!
 

 
 
We pained the walls a custom color that I had Lowe's mix based on the color of the fabrics. It's sort of an eggshell blue, with a hint of pale teal. All of the furniture was given to us by our awesome neighbors, and I painted it white (it was originally a honey oak color). Once Brylie outgrew the changing table, we replaced it with this gorgeous hutch that was in my sister's room as a little girl. Eventually, I'd like to change out the hardware, but for now, it works! I refinished her dresser and added the beautiful crystal knobs. Seriously, they are to die for! Maybe my favorite part of the whole room.
 
 
The lettering above her crib was made with the cardboard letters from JoAnn's. I just grabbed coordinating pieces of scrapbook paper and decoupaged them on to the letters. Adam' mounted them with wall tape and secured with finishing nails. A super easy and inexpensive project!
 
 
 
Finally, we have this amazingly comfortable rocker, that used to belong to my grandma. I can't tell you how much I love it! Not only is it SO cozy, but it reminds me of my grandma when I'm in it, and that makes it very special. I don't know what I'll do when my girls outgrow it. =( A sad, sad day!!!
 
 
 
Brylie's room just makes me happy. It's one of my favorite places in our house because it's always clean and uncluttered. You can't help but feel good in her room with the bright, whimsical design. The perfect nursery for the nearly perfect little girl.
 
 
 
And one final picture of my two little angels playing dress up in there yesterday. Sometimes they can be pretty darn cute!


No comments:

Post a Comment