Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Veteran's Day

 

Today we honor all of those who have given their lives and their service for their country. They have sacrificed their time, families, and sometimes their lives, in order to allow freedom and liberty for all. For that, I am eternally grateful. My perspective has changed since I became a mom. Thinking about sending one of my sons off to war would be absolutely frightening. I can't imagine how terrifying it is to watch your baby board a plane, not knowing if they will return. But, boy oh boy, the pride your heart must feel. Such a selfless and honorable act. And I know there are hundreds of these stories each year and it blows my mind.
 
There are many people we know, personally, who have served for our country. I hope my children grow up to honor and respect these veterans. And not just them, but their families. It is a tremendous sacrifice for their spouses, children, mothers, fathers, siblings, grandparents, etc. One that they handle with grace and dignity. Time and time again, I'm reminded of how wonderful these families are.
 
So today, I urge you to pray, give thanks and remember our service men and women. Heroes. Every single one of them. Thank you!
 
 
Proud to be an American, today and always.


1 comment:

  1. Lovely post, Kelly. I'm sure the honorable men and women who fought for the counrty are humbled by your words. And your respect for them filled my heart as well. I'm sure your children will grow up to be just as honorable and kind as the men and women you gave honor to. Thanks for sharing and kudos to you!

    Brad Post @ Jan Dils

    ReplyDelete